Finding Family by Giacomo Giammatteo
621,268,033 (5)None

Book Info: Genre: Suspense
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: fans of the author's stories, those looking for more info on Dominic Mangini from A Bullet for Carlos
Trigger Warnings: domestic violence, alcoholism,

My Thoughts: This is a prequel novella in the Blood Flows South series, taking place before the events of A Bullet for Carlos (review linked here). It provides background for Dominic. A Bullet from Dominic should be released soon.

One thing that Giacomo Giammatteo does very well is to show how a basically decent man slowly goes bad out of need and desperation and desire to care for his family. I love the fact that his characters are so layered and multidimensional. If you have read and enjoyed A Bullet for Carlos, do not miss this one.

Disclosure: I picked this book up for free on Amazon during a promotion. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: Dominic Mangini wanted what all 8-year-old boys want—time to laugh and play, loving parents, and enough food on the table. But in war-ravaged Sicily, food was scarce, and his parents were as scarred as the land.

His father said they must move to America so they could start over and be a family once again. Dominic got a new start, and he got a new family—but not the kind of family he expected. ( )
  Katyas | Dec 21, 2013 |
Now we know how Dominic life started here in America after wondering where he grow up from reading all of Giacomo Giammatteo books. There was always a mystery behind how we got to know Dominic as he was an adult and not a child. I found it very well written as all of my favorite author’s books, Giacomo Giammatteo. He has a style of his own. I love the story of Dominic.

It all fits together now after reading, Murder Takes Time, A Bullet for Carlos, and Murder Has Consequences. Just loved the series. Highly recommend! ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Aug 31, 2013 |

Dominic Mangini wanted what all 8-year-old boys want-time to laugh and play, loving parents, and enough food on the table. But in war-ravaged Sicily, food was scarce, and his parents were as scarred as the land. His father said they must move to America so they could start over and be a family once again. Dominic got a new start, and he got a new family-but not the kind of family he expected.… (more)

Giacomo Giammatteo is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,199,439 books! | Top bar: Always visible