Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Ghoul…

Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Ghoul Goblin

by Jim Butcher, Mark Powers

Other authors: Joseph Cooper (Illustrator)

Series: The Dresden Files Comics (goblin omnibus), The Dresden Files (graphic novel)

To be honest, my only problem with this book was that I kept getting startled when I saw Harry Dresden because in my mind he always looks as he did on the short-lived TV show. Apparently I imprinted.

This was typical Dresden Files stuff, fighting the good fight, protecting the innocent from the denizens of the nevernever, and always that painful knife in the heart at least once during the story.

Are there more of these? I should read them if there are.

(Provided by publisher) ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
This was so good! The story was amazing and the artwork was really well executed ( )
  JillKenna | Dec 15, 2017 |
I didn't enjoy this one quit as much as "Welcome to the Jungle" or the Dresden Files books. I'm not quite sure why, as it has all of the typical elements of a Dresden Files case (supernatural baddies, straight guy cop, Harry gets the stuffing knocked out of him at least once), but this felt like going through the motions. ( )
  duchessjlh | May 4, 2016 |
meh. I really enjoy the series, but this seemed mediocre at best. I may not know how to get the most out of the medium. (read the GN full volume) ( )
  nnschiller | Sep 18, 2014 |
Harry Dresden is asked to come to a small town in Missouri to assist a cursed family before all its members are horribly murdered. This story takes place after the events in Fool Moon and Dresden thinks it's a good idea to get out of Chicago for a while and give Murphy some space. Although it can't compete with the regular novels, it's still a fun read and the art is pretty good. I like that I can get a dose of Dresden in a shorter format (since I'm not a huge fan of short stories) and that the story is independent from the overall storyarc so that it's a great addition without being essential reading. I hope Butcher makes more of these freestanding comics. ( )
  -Eva- | Jul 14, 2014 |

Spencer, PriscillaThematic consultantsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Syaf, ArdianCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tortolini, BillLetterersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Young, RichConsulting editorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Out of my bloody way, urchin!

"It has been several months since Chicago's only wizard for hire, Harry Blacksone Copperfield Dresden, barely survived a case involving several packs of werewolves. And while he ultimately was able to prevent the Windy City from being completely engulfed in a bloodbath, it was no triumphant victory. The case began with the murder of his protege, saw Detective Ron Carmichael torn apart before his eyes, and ended with Harry estranged from Lt. Karrin Murphy, his best friend. But Harry has no time to lick his wounds, There are still things going bump in the night, and millions of innocents who are unknowingly threatened by denizens of the Nevernever. It's his job to protect them, no matter how alone he sometimes feels. And now, he's about to be drawn away from his home turf..."… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,431,057 books! | Top bar: Always visible