Live to See Tomorrow (Catherine Ling) by…

Live to See Tomorrow (Catherine Ling)

by Iris Johansen

Series: Catherine Ling (3)

I love reading Iris Johansen books, but I was disappointed in this one. It was similar to her other ones but I guess it is getting tired. The ending was a little disappointing, setting up for a sequel probably. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
not bad, but no great shakes. very formulaic. ( )
  decaturmamaof2 | Nov 28, 2018 |
From Amazon:

Catherine Ling is one of the CIA’s most prized operatives. Raised on the unforgiving streets of Hong Kong, she was pulled into the agency at the age of fourteen, already having accumulated more insight and secrets than the most seasoned professionals in her world. If life has taught her anything, it is not to get attached, but there are two exceptions to that rule: her son Luke and her mentor Hu Chang. When Luke was kidnapped at the age of two, it nearly broke her. Now, nine years later, her son has astonishingly been returned to her and Catherine vows never to fail him again. But when her job pulls her away from home, she relies on the brilliant and deadly Hu Chang to safeguard Luke in her absence. Now Erin Sullivan, an American journalist with mysterious ties to Hu Chang, has been kidnapped in Tibet. If Catherine doesn’t agree to spearhead the CIA rescue mission, she knows that Hu Chang himself will go, a possibility she can’t risk. But she will be facing a monster whose crimes stretch back forty years, always eluding the CIA. And the job grows even more complicated when Catherine meets Richard Cameron, a supposed ally who’s clearly not telling all he knows. Their attraction is immediate, but Catherine isn't at all sure that he can be trusted. If she’s going to rescue this journalist with a story worth killing for, she’ll need to keep Cameron very close. From the treacherous landscape of the Himalayas to the twisting back alleys of San Francisco, the clock is ticking for Catherine and those she loves most. At every turn she faces a ruthless enemy who is determined to keep the truth buried, even if it means that none of them live to see tomorrow,

My Thoughts:

It wasn't the best book by this author that I have ever read...but it was't the worse either. I've read a lot of her books and genuinely enjoyed them...this just didn't rank high on my radar. I can't really say why. For one thing, the characters didn't interest me much. Maybe I'll have better luck with the next one.

Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I enjoy Catherine. Kind of surprised that her relationship with John is being dropped. We get more Hu Chang and Luke. Looks like the start of a new storyline arc. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
My current read, I am thoroughly enjoying the suspense that goes into this one. Catherine Ling is a wonderful character, fierce and strong and everything I wish to be. A must read for all! ( )
  samjgregory | Jan 11, 2016 |

Iris Johansenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chapa, OmarDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grom, RobCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Yang, ShuhuiCover photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Who can say for sure that one will live to see tomorrow?
--Tibetan proverb

"Catherine Ling: raised on the streets of Hong Kong, she has been a shadowy CIA Operative since she was fourteen years old. Now, years later, Catherine is as lethal as she is beautiful. There are only a few things in life she cares for. One is her son. Kidnapped when he was only two, Catherine has only recently been reunited with him and the vow of her heart is never to let him face danger again. The other is her mentor, Hu Chang. Mysterious, brilliant, and deadly, Hu Chang taught Catherine everything she knows and she is loyal to him. Now, Hu Chang is calling Catherine to a new task: rescue an imprisoned journalist in Tibet--a woman who has been subjected to unspeakable horrors. Her connection to Hu Chang is unknown. What's also unknown is that Catherine will be going up against a man so evil, his crimes have stretched back into this area for forty years. Is Catherine being used as a pawn by Hu Chang? Can she save a woman she's never even met? And will either of them live to see tomorrow? "--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,628,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible