Hardwired (Hacker, #1) by Meredith Wild

Hardwired (Hacker, #1)

by Meredith Wild

Series: Hacker (1)

2071056,585 (3.89)None

English (9)  Dutch (1)  All (10)
This seemed soo similar to 50 Shades of Grey to me. Not because it's erotica, but because it's about a young hot inexperienced college graduate (with a few problems in her past) who is relying on a super attractive billionaire to fund her fledgling start up. Of course they get involved. Of course he's controlling. Of course he's AMAZING in bed. Of course he is going to school Erica in the ways of business and lovemaking. Lots of hot unbelievable sex scenes, followed by even more unbelievable plot. It ends on a cliffhanger to make you want to finish the rest of the series. Didn't work for me though. If it keeps up the similar story-line to 50 Shades, I know exactly where it's headed. A nice steamy, brainless read. ( )
  ecataldi | Nov 13, 2017 |
Awesome start to a very addicting series. I love that the heroine is a strong self sufficient female. Erica is the perfect techy geek with a startup that is looking for funding. She bumps into Landon and that is when the fun begins, only she doesn't know it. This is going to be such a fun series to read, I can see myself getting quickly sucked in and finishing this in 5 days!! ( )
  pcorrea3 | Dec 19, 2016 |
When I first heard about this series, it was touted to be better than 50 Shades. What they didn't mention was that the plot is pretty much EXACTLY THE SAME as 50 Shades...right down to the best friend/roommate hooking up with the millionaire hottie's brother. Really? I got to the end of chapter 5 and couldn't go any further. ( )
  TracyCampbell | Feb 12, 2016 |
3 stars for me. It's a total FSOG/Crossfire relative and I wasn't all that impressed with it. It doesn't really feel like anything new or original. I didn't like Erica all that much. And, I'm just so over the whole lip-biting 20 year olds. It is so overdone. Granted it didn't happen that often in this book... Thanks goodness for small miracles, but it was still annoying to have thrown in there!
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Not bad actually. Typical plot akin fifty shades, but the main heroine is gutsy, and he is a hacker for a change. There is a bit of overblown drama as usual, but I'll reserve judgement until I finish this trilogy. Plus it's in Boston, which I find very charming! ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |

Determined to overcome a difficult past, Erica Hathaway learns early on to make it on her own. Days after her college graduation, she finds herself face to face with a panel of investors who will make or break her fledgling startup. The only thing she didn’t prepare for was going weak in the knees over an arrogant and gorgeous investor who seems determined to derail her presentation. Billionaire and rumored hacker Blake Landon has already made his fortune in software, and he’s used to getting what he wants. Captivated by Erica’s drive and unassuming beauty, he’s wanted nothing more than to possess her since she stepped into his boardroom. Determined to win her over, he breaks down her defenses and fights for her trust, even if it means sacrificing a level of control he’s grown accustomed to. But when Blake uncovers a dark secret from Erica’s past, he threatens not just her trust, but the life she’s fought so hard to create.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:59 -0400)

Determined to overcome a difficult past, Erica Hathaway learns early on how to make it on her own. She finds herself face to face with a panel of investors who will make or break her fledgling startup. The only thing she didn't prepare for was going weak in the knees over billionaire (and hacker) Blake Landon, an arrogant investor who's seemingly determined to derail her presentation. Captivated by Erica's drive and beauty, Landon is determined to break down her defenses-- even if that means sacrificing a level of control he's grown accustomed to.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,617,764 books! | Top bar: Always visible