Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

The Magpie Lord by KJ Charles

The Magpie Lord (2013)

by KJ Charles

What can I say? I love this book! I love the characters, the plot, the writing... everything about it is astoundingly good.

This is a series which I will devour, no doubt it, and then will go looking for all and everything that K.J. Charles has ever written.

Wholeheartedly recommended!

Ops, I forgot to mention, the audiobook version has also 'A Charm of Magpies' #1.5 - Interlude with Tattoos' which is funny and an utter delight. ( )
  Claudia_M | Oct 27, 2018 |
Lord Crane keeps trying to kill himself, but he doesn’t want to. When it turns out that a curse on his odious family has also ensnared him, he enlists a magical practitioner to help. Stephen has reason to hate the lord’s family, but he sure likes the look of the lord. They fall in lust (maybe love) and fight magical crime! Exactly what I wanted. ( )
  rivkat | Sep 13, 2018 |
3.5 stars

I liked this, I really did, but I wasn’t blown away by this book. I didn’t love it.
I probably went into it expecting too much, since I’ve heard so many enthusiastic opinions on this series.
The writing is good, I liked the set up and the plot. There are a lot more things that I liked than the opposite, hence why my rating is 4 stars instead of 3.
My “only” problem was the relationship between Lucien and Stephen. I’m not sure I liked how they behaved with each other at times and as a result I had some problems warming up to their pairing.
I’m mostly confident that they’ll grow on me in the rest of the books, though, I’ve already read the short story that follows this book and I found their interaction there much more to my taste. ( )
  Ele.na | Jun 8, 2018 |
Re-read on 6/29/14
Still awesome :D ( )
  NannyOgg13 | May 26, 2018 |
I love this book! The gay gothic regency romance I didn't know I wanted. ( )
  realtikimama | Feb 20, 2018 |
added by gsc55 | editThe Blogger Girls, Nikyta (May 23, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editRJ Scott (Apr 11, 2014)

For Charlie, of course
The grey awful misery tangled round his heart and throat, choking him, sickening him with the vileness of his own nature.

A lord in danger. A magician in turmoil. A snowball in hell.A Charm of Magpies, Book 1Exiled to China for twenty years, Lucien Vaudrey never planned to return to England. But with the mysterious deaths of his father and brother, it seems the new Lord Crane has inherited an earldom. He's also inherited his family's enemies. He needs magical assistance, fast. He doesn't expect it to turn up angry.Magician Stephen Day has good reason to hate Crane's family. Unfortunately, it's his job to deal with supernatural threats. Besides, the earl is unlike any aristocrat he's ever met, with the tattoos, the attitude...and the way Crane seems determined to get him into bed. That's definitely unusual.Soon Stephen is falling hard for the worst possible man, at the worst possible time. But Crane's dangerous appeal isn't the only thing rendering Stephen powerless. Evil pervades the house, a web of plots is closing round Crane, and if Stephen can't find a way...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,481,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible