Hidden: A Child's Story of the Holocaust by…

Hidden: A Child's Story of the Holocaust

by Loïc Dauvillier

Other authors: Marc Lizano (Illustrator), Alexis Siegel (Translator)

Hidden: A Child's Story of the Holocaust is written by Loic Dauviller and illustrated by Marc Lizano. This historical fiction graphic novel is intended for upper elementary schoolers and middle schoolers. Dauviller manages to write about a heavy topic in a gentle and poetic way. A grandmother tells her granddaughter about her experiences in World War II. She explains that after her parents were sent to concentration camps, she was moved from house to house to hide from the Nazis. I would include this book in a classroom, but I would have to assess whether students were mature enough to handle the content. With careful considerations, I would recommend this graphic novel. If used appropriately, Hidden can supplement or even replace a textbook to learn about the Holocaust. ( )
  msheiv1 | Apr 21, 2019 |
This book us about the journey of a little girl thought the Holocaust. It talks about her fears as well as her parents during this time. It tells things that actually happened during this time. This would be a great read for second graders when talking of history and even for higher grades when talking about World War 2. ( )
  rferia | Nov 6, 2018 |
Reminiscent of Maus and the story of Anne Frank, even Life Is Beautiful, hidden is a simpler tale in the telling and while less graphic in its depiction of violence and physical trauma, not sugarcoated or whitewashed.

Another title picked up from Sulzer for W, unread and unfamiliar but enticing book jacket. Read through this one before offering it to W, and thought it mature for him, but passed on to R. When W picked it up on his own once she was done, I cautioned it was perhaps not for him, only for both he & R to question me. I relented.

W had to go to bed before finishing, uncertain if he returned to it afterward. ( )
  elenchus | Sep 27, 2018 |
I like that it tells the story of anti semitism after world war 2. I loved the drawings and the characters and it reminds me of the movie called A Long Long Holiday. - Max, 7 years old ( )
  GirlCanCreate25 | Apr 17, 2018 |
Only 80 pages, but it made me cry. ( )
  JodiLEK | Mar 31, 2018 |

Loïc Dauvillierprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lizano, MarcIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Siegel, AlexisTranslatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"A grandmother shares the story of her experiences in WWII with her grandchild in this graphic novel for young readers"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,567,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible