Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas by…

Parting the Veil: The Art of Nene Thomas

by Nene Thomas

This is the second book that I have gotten from Chimera, and I am quite impressed. They seem to specialize in clear, full-page sized reproductions. Nene Thomas' fans will want this one.

Nene Thomas works in a number of different styles. One of my favorites is her anime works. She has a number of busty heroines, somewhat like Boris Vallejo, but more colorful and cartoonish. I particularly like her paintings that have figures spilling out of the frame of the background. Some of her works reminded me a bit of Bev Dolittle (again, much brighter and more cartoonish) and it turns out that one of then was a tribute to her.

Thomas has something of a reputation for a rather gothic style, so I was surprised at the variety of her work. Her Fairy of the Ravens is not to be missed.

Should you leave this out for the kiddies? Well, there are a couple of demure nudes, and a number of very well endowed ladies. ( )
  juglicerr | Oct 18, 2009 |

Two small children, lost in the mountains, are protected by a great grizzly bear.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,188,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible