Slimed!: An Oral History of Nickelodeon’s…

Slimed!: An Oral History of Nickelodeon’s Golden Age (2013)

by Mathew Klickstein

Other authors: Toby Huss (Afterword), Marc Summers (Foreword)

Interesting, but I was a younger child during many of the shows discussed (Roundhouse, Wild & Crazy Kids, Hey Dude, etc.) so I don't remember or never saw them. I do remember the title of W&CK, and recall one episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark (weirdly, it's the one Jewel Staite is in as a painter girl), but definitely had to refer to the "Cast of Characters" list in the back to figure out who was talking about what. ( )
  Daumari | Dec 30, 2017 |
So disappointing. What really could have been a fascinating, engaging read about the history of an upstart cable network, is really nothing more than a collection of loosely themed anecdotes and funny stories from cast members. ( )
  redhopper | Dec 2, 2017 |
Definitely not my favorite book of the year. I thought it would be really fun and nostalgic, but I didn't find this book all that interesting until the last few chapters. It was cool to see what some of my fav. childhood actors had to say about some things though. 3 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Jul 25, 2017 |
"I’m starting to do stand-up comedy now and it’s hard to go up there and talk about how hard it is to be a guy. People don’t wanna hear it!"

The author on Flavorwire http://flavorwire.com/480990/pete-pete-was-all-white-people-slimed-author-mathew...

" I would be offended if one of the friends on Clifford the Big Red Dog had a friend who was in a wheelchair."

Um, yeah, Mary is her name. She appears in multiple episodes. My daughter loved Clifford.
  Kaethe | Oct 17, 2016 |
A fun and informative look at a network that has a hand in shaping young people from those directly involved. ( )
  LaneLiterati | Apr 30, 2014 |

Mathew Klicksteinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Huss, TobyAfterwordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Summers, MarcForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0142196851, Hardcover)

SLIMED! An Oral History of Nickelodeon's Golden Age tells the surprisingly complex, wonderfully nostalgic, and impressively compelling story of how Nickelodeon -- the First Kids' Network -- began as a DIY startup in the late 70s, and forged ahead through the early eighties with a tiny band of young artists and filmmakers who would go on to change everything about cable television, television in general, animation, and children's entertainment, proving just what can be done if the indie spirit is kept alive in the corporate world of contemporary media... All from those who made it happen!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:45 -0400)

"Slimed! is the first oral history to chronicle the surprisingly complex, wonderfully nostalgic, and impressively compelling story of Nickelodeon, the first kids' network. Compiled from hundreds of original interviews with writers, actors, producers, artists, and other Nick alumni, this is the incredible story of Nickelodeon straight from those who made it happen"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,016,531 books! | Top bar: Always visible