The Infinite Sea: The Second Book of the 5th…

The Infinite Sea: The Second Book of the 5th Wave (original 2014; edition 2015)

by Rick Yancey (Author)

Member:krau0098
Title:The Infinite Sea: The Second Book of the 5th Wave
Authors:Rick Yancey (Author)
Info:Speak (2015), Edition: Reprint, 352 pages
Collections:Already Read, Your library
Tags:aliens, dystopia, science fiction, survivial, young adult, post-apocalyptic

The Infinite Sea: The Second Book of the 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (2014)

English (81)  German (2)  All languages (83)
I'm sure the author's "trust nothing" take to this world is pretty clever and whatnot, but at this point it's so slapstick I'm expecting it to end with "And it was all a dream."

My father and I used to watch Get Smart when I was growing up, and there was this one episode where spy meets spy in a Grecian garden and, lo and behold, one of the "statues" is backup for spy 1. But WAIT! Another statue is really backup for spy 2. But wait! ANOTHER statue is backup for backup 1. And it goes on like that. That's what this series is like to me. ( )
  benuathanasia | Aug 10, 2018 |
This book has a notable increase to the navel gazing compared with the last, or has the feel of it. First many characters, there's a lot of woe is I type thoughts. We do learn a little about Poundcake's background then the author kills him.

More than two thirds of the book deal with Cassie, Evan, and the cluster outside. With that group, the plot barely moves. The last third deals with Ringer and what's been done to her, for her, and about her. There's more action and interesting advance of plot in the last third of the book than the first two thirds combined. I grew to LIKE Ringer. Just wish the guy she fell for didn't sacrifice himself to save her. Especially since he took out Ringer's other reason to live.

Sadly, the book has not improved enough for me to finish the series. ( )
  gilroy | Jun 24, 2018 |
To be honest, it was more of a filler book than a book filled with plot. While The 5th Wave was full of action and plot development, The Infinite Sea was much slower and focused more on reveals and character development. I enjoyed it, but I feel as though those who were majorly obsessed with the first book may be let down. However, its still a great book and makes me greatly anticipate the third installment of the series. ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
The second installment of the 5th Wave series, it picks back up right where the first one left off. Full of drama, adventure, aliens, and suspense. Now they are on the run. Can they escape? Who will survive? This book will keep you reading late into the night. Bummed I have to wait until the next book comes out. ( )
  Tiffy_Reads | Mar 19, 2018 |
Really good. You think you know what is happening and then find out another piece of information. I liked the story told by different characters and finding out more about some of the minor characters. Good book. ( )
  EdenSteffey | Mar 14, 2018 |

Rick Yanceyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Yannette, BenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep;  the more I give to thee,
The more I have;  for both are infinite.
--William Shakespeare
For Sandy, guardian of the infinite.
There would be no harvest.

"Cassie Sullivan and her companions lived through the Others' four waves of destruction. Now, with the human race nearly exterminated and the 5th Wave rolling across the landscape, they face a choice: brace for winter and hope for Evan Walker's return, or set out in search of other survivors before the enemy closes in"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,973,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible