Searching for Someday (Searching For series…

Searching for Someday (Searching For series Book 1) (edition 2013)

by Jennifer Probst (Author)

Member:Roseintatters
Title:Searching for Someday (Searching For series Book 1)
Authors:Jennifer Probst (Author)
Info:Gallery Books (2013), 385 pages
Collections:read, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:contemporary-romance, ebook-scribd

Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst

Janicemo | Aug 19, 2018 |
Not the best, but luckily not the worst I've read, thankfully. I felt that the characters weren't very much connected to each other or that they should communicate more chemistry. I liked the other characters and the books was a light and fast read. ( )
  msralways | Apr 20, 2017 |
Jennifer Probst has quickly become one of my favorite authors. Her books are just the right combination of quirky, sexy, and hilarious. I just about jumped up and down when I was approved to read "Searching for Someday" early, and I was *not* disappointed.

This book is the beginning of a new series - a spinoff of the "Marriage to a Billionaire" series. The great part about this book is that you don't necessarily have to read the original series to enjoy the new one. However, there are references to some characters we got to know in MtaB, so I felt like I found a little 'easter egg'.

I'm not one for paranormals, but the little bit of magic included in 'Searching for Someday' made the story seem like a modern day fairy tale. I can definitely get behind that. I also liked the tie-in between the heroine's 'power' and the "Book of Spells".

As an avid comic book reader, I tend to think about what super power I'd want, and I think if I had Kate's I'd find it a blessing and a curse. Of course, she uses it to full advantage - until she meets Slade. Slade gives her a jolt strong enough to cause a short-circuit, and she doesn't know what to do with herself.

Kate goes to her mother for advice, and leaves even more unsettled - with a gift that Slade inadvertently sees. The gift had nothing to do with her situation, but it was truly funny to read the interaction it prompted between Kate & Slade.

I really dug the periphery characters and I'm already chomping at the bit to read more about them. Of course, we got the resolution to Jane's story (Slade's sister) which was a nice side-story. Love that Slade is a softie underneath the Alpha tendencies - a perfect blend of tough and loving.

Robert was a great conduit to further the connection between Slade & Kate, and he also gave poignancy to an already amazing story. It was easy to go through some emotions throughout the book, but the epilogue made me well and truly cry.

I can't wait to read the whole series book by book - then (like I did with MtaB), binge re-read it again after they're all released.

Five out of Five stars - for romance readers, I can't imagine not liking this book. ( )
  Aleveria | Jan 12, 2017 |
This was an interesting one for me. I was never really able to get a handle on either Kate or Slade. Kate's reasons for pushing Slade away never really made sense, and Slade seemed like a different person from the one we meet at the beginning to the one in the middle and end. Not because of any character progression, he just didn't seem like the same character. Not to mention, when he first meets Kate he literally has the thought about "what type of underwear [Kate] preferred". Sided on the pervy side for me for the rest of the book.

Aside from the characters, the writing wasn't really my style either. There were parts where it was choppy, and the characters and their development, like I said, felt uneven. Sometimes there were moments that made me wonder if I had accidentally wander into a different book for a few paragraphs. For instance, there is a point where Kate has the though that "she didn't believe in witchery and spooks". This just made absolutely no sense whatsoever considering she has a pretty witch-like power herself. The "love spell" book didn't make much sense in the end either, because she doesn't cast the spell until after she has been shocked by Slade meaning that her premonitions of having done something irrevocable were off base. The spell didn't stop them from their whole sleeping together followed by a morning freakout merry-go-round.There were also a metric ton of pop culture references from the TV show Nashville, to The Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

Overall the story was cute, but the choppy and inconsistent writing kept me from enjoying it like I would have liked.
Copy courtesy of Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books, via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
Thoroughly entertaining read that had me turning the pages with great anticipation! Dirty talking Slade Montgomery is absolutely yummy! A man who is hard as steel on the outside but on the inside has a huge heart! Definitely one everyone needs to read! ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |

Jennifer Probstprimary authorall editionscalculated
Maby, MadeleineReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, Simon & SchusterPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
De Groot, InekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Prologue

Twas official... She was on the date from hell.

"Can a woman who sells love convince a man who believes it's a lie find a happy ever after? Kate has given up on love -- at least for herself. She is both blessed and cursed with the ability to sense (and even forge) a romantic connection between two people--a magic matchmaking gene that has been passed down in her family for generations. The first in her family cynical enough to try to turn this gift into a profitable business, Kate launches her own matchmaking company, Kinnection, with her two best friends in a cozy New York town. Business has been going well until Kate is caught completely off guard one day when a furious man stalks into her office and accuses her business of being a scam. Slade is the older brother of one of Kate's clients, and he is enraged that Kate promised to help his emotionally fragile sister find a man. He believes that she is being set up for an ultimate heartbreak and accuses of profiting from empty promises she cannot possibly keep. After a heated exchange, he challenges her to prove herself. He puts himself in her hands and challenges Kate to find him love. Furious at his arrogance but stubbornly eager to prove herself, Kate agrees, dedicating herself to the journey of finding him love...only to find herself falling for him along the way. Will she become caught in her own spell?"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,920,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible