Theology and Sanity by F. J. Sheed

Theology and Sanity (1946)

by F. J. Sheed

tony_sturges | Dec 19, 2017 |
I played with the thought of dedicating this book TO ALL WHO KNOW LESS THEOLOGY THAN I. It would have sounded flippant. But it would have been exact. There are thousands who know more theology than I, and for them I have no message: they must teach me. But there are thousands who know less, and less is not enough: I must try to teach them. This book contains theology, not the great mass of it that theologians need, but the indispensable minimum that every man needs in order that he may be living mentally in the REAL WORLD—which is what the word SANITY means in my title.
  tony_sturges | Dec 19, 2017 |
  tony_sturges | Jun 26, 2017 |
For those who want to understand the logic of theism, Sheed provides an approachable systematic theology, which deals with the fundamental questions that often go unanswered because they go unasked. Here, the basic underpinnings of faith are displayed without resort to assumptions, but rather, in the context of basic human philosophy and logic, something to be appreciated by anyone questioning faith. This book is best read by one questioning his/her faith, those who seek a foundation in apologetics, or atheists and agnostics who are willing to take an honest look at the argument for and logic of theism. ( )
  Amymno4 | Nov 23, 2016 |
INDEX
  saintmarysaccden | May 30, 2013 |

One of Sheed's most popular books, this ideal volume for the layman shows the practical aspects of theology in the life of a Christian believer. Logic, clarity, and simplicity permeate this eminently readable book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:27 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,283,340 books! | Top bar: Always visible