dismiss

The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

The Purpose Driven Life (2002)

by Rick Warren

Translated into over 50 languages, The Purpose Driven Life is far more than just a book; it is a guide to a spiritual journey that has transformed millions of lives. Once you take this journey, you'll never be the same again. This new, expanded edition of The Purpose Driven Life, created for a new generation of reader, includes: Video introductions by Rick Warren to chapters 1-42 and an audio Bible study at the end of each chapter, with over 30 additional hours of teaching by Rick Warren (accessible on http://purposedriven.com from links and QR codes at the beginning and end of each chapter). Two new bonus chapters on the most common barriers to living a purpose driven life. Access to an online community where you can discuss your journey to purpose, get feedback, and receive support. On your journey you'll find the answers to 3 of life's most important questions: The Question of Existence: Why am I alive? The Question of Significance: Does my life matter? and the Question of Purpose: What on earth am I here for? Transform your life. Start your journey today.… (more)
Recently added byM.Hickman, scducey, dhenry987, TheresaMHahn, jeffmcarn, private library, khausfeld, Tmmeriwether, rlf06153, TheLeeAcademy
Legacy LibrariesJack Layton
    The Love Dare by Stephen Kendrick (jlynno84)
    The Blessing of Favor: Experiencing God's Supernatural Influence by Kate McVeigh (jlynno84)
    Messiah to the Messed Up - Because I'm a mess, you're a mess, and we all need a Messiah by Sue Ciullo (elbakerone)
    Living without a Goal: Finding the Freedom to Live a Creative and Innovative Life by James A. Ogilvy (bertilak)
    bertilak: These books contradict each other; you may not like both of them, but it is interesting to get different points of view.
    The reason-driven life : what am I here on earth for? by Robert M. Price (bertilak)

English (100)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (1)  All languages (102)
DISCO D: BACKUP / TEOLOGIA
AYUDAS PASTORALES / LIDERAZGO
  abdiel91 | May 17, 2020 |
Helps the reader focus on the reasons for existing being centered on serving God and spreading the word of Jesus and salvation through service and ministry. ( )
  LindaLeeJacobs | Feb 15, 2020 |
Oh man, standard contemporary evangelical fad crap, pushed on me by every damn evangelical I know. Warren doesn't seem to be a bad person, like so many leaders in that religious arena, but this is way overrated and merely an example of one of the many "revolutionary" evangelical literary fads that spread like viruses through that community so that within a very short period of time, practically all of the sheep have a copy, can quote copiously from it, try to push it off on to everyone they know and subsequently forget about it when the next new trendy fundie book comes along. It's a little stunning how one of these types of books somehow gets noticed and recommended (possibly through venues like Christianity Today?) and literally within weeks, nearly every evangelical in America has a copy. It's almost like they face so much critical peer pressure that they worry about going to hell if they don't tow the party line and babble on relentlessly about these books and how much of an "impact it has had on their life," (while steadfastly refusing to read ANY secular book I either offer to give them or literally sent them as a gift, all going unread due to a lack of stamp of fundie approval because the secular world is clearly quite evil and nothing good can come from it...). Total drivel, forgettable, overrated, trendy for the fundies and irrelevant. Never recommended. ( )
  scottcholstad | Jan 4, 2020 |
Rick Warren has captured the reality of our reason for living on earth. In his ground breaking book The Purpose Driven Life: What On Earth Am I Here For? he demonstrates his profound understanding of humanity’s calling. Warren vividly prepares us for the role we have to play in this divine process. Through a series of steps he leads believers on a journey of discovery. These are actual “baby steps” that Christians must take to accomplish what they see as living fulfilled lives. Such efforts don’t come easily. They call for hard work on the part of believers who have to make some tough choices as they overhaul their thinking about the Christian walk.

Believers have to do much work about their own lives, and should be concerned about their churches. It’s essential that they learn the best way to relate in their worship communities. One thing they should do is to discover their gifts as members of the body of Christ. They must earnestly play their roles and effectively use their talents in and out of the church. This is the way by which they will be fully able to contribute to the “One Body” of which Christ is the Head.

According to Warren when we reflect on the role of God in our lives, we ought to remember he is omnipotent. God is how, where, and why of all things, and we should understand him as such. The pastor of Saddleback Church advises us to surrender all to his divine providence, and we will surely know what we are here on earth for.

Warren’s book has some profound messages for believers. We can’t be lukewarm about Christ and hope to live a fully purpose driven life. A Christian life calls for the utmost commitment to the faith. This ought to be noteworthy to reap God’s full blessings in our daily walk. These gifts are guaranteed in his promise of eternal life. Such an accomplishment makes people’s trials, and tribulations seem like pin-pricks as compared to the joys awaiting them in heaven. ( )
  erwinkennythomas | Oct 25, 2019 |
You are not an accident. Even before the universe was created, God had you in mind, and he planned you for his purposes. These purposes will extend far beyond the few years you will spend on earth. You were made to last forever! Self-help books often suggest that you try to discover the meaning and purpose of your life by looking within yourself, but Rick Warren says that is the wrong place to start. You must begin with God, your Creator, and his reasons for creating you. You were made by God and for God, and until you understand that, life will never make sense.
  StFrancisofAssisi | Oct 7, 2019 |
"This book is dedicated to you. Before you were born, God planned this moment in your life. It is no accident that you are holding this book. God longs for you to discover the life he created you to live-here on earth, and forever in eternity. 'It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ,...he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone. Ephesians 1:2 (Msg)' I am grateful to the hundreds of writers and teachers, both classical and contemporary, who have shaped my life and helped me learn these truths. I thank God and you for the privilege of sharing them with you."
"This is more than a book; it is a guide to a 40-day spiritual journey that will enable you to discover the answer to life's most important question: What on earth am I here for?"
"For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, ... everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him. Colossians 1:16 MSG"

A-2

Zondervan

3 editions of this book were published by Zondervan.

Editions: 0310205719, 0310276993, 0310255252

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,281,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible