Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Heartless (edition 2016)

by Marissa Meyer (Author)

1,198519,848 (3.92)16
Collections:EDLM436
Rating:*****
Tags:FAN, YA

Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Enjoyable read although the reader knows it will end "badly". ( )
  infjsarah | Nov 15, 2018 |
Even though you already know the ending, the journey to get there is exciting and unexpected. I really enjoyed this book! I got attached to Cath and my heart broke for her in the end. ( )
  Mandasony | Nov 6, 2018 |
I read this entire book with a sense of impending doom-- desperately hoping for a magical ending while simultaneously worried that there would be one. It kept me turning the pages at a break neck clip. Great characters with such great respect for details from both Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass. I loved it immensely and hated it a little. Not many books can do that. Better in my opinion than the Lunar Chronicles. ( )
  klarsenmd | Nov 4, 2018 |
Yikes! ( )
  wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |
I read this novel with trepidation: we all know how the Queen of Hearts turns out! But Marissa Meyer is one of my favs, so I gave it a go. Seeing how sweet Lady Catherine's evolution into the Queen of Hearts is portrayed by Meyer in this backstory was heart-breaking, but worth it. I enjoyed how other Wonderland characters (Hatter, Cheshire Cat, The Caterpillar, The Mock Turtle, The Jabberwocky, etc.) are woven into the story.
  deslivres5 | Aug 17, 2018 |

Marissa Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Collins, PatrickDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Deas, RichCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I pictured to myself the Queen of Hearts
as a sort of embodiment of ungovernable passion -
a blind and aimless Fury.
--Lewis Carroll
For Mom
Three luscious lemon tarts glistened up at Catherine.

In this prequel to Alice in Wonderland, Cath would rather open a bakery and marry for love than accept a proposal from the King of Hearts, especially after meeting the handsome and mysterious court jester.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,213,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible