Crash Into Me by Tracy Wolff

Crash Into Me

by Tracy Wolff

I absolutely love the characters Tracy Wolff has created in Crash Into Me. She creates a sexy, crazy ride that I am infatuated with.

Jamison is a great character. She's always been the "little sister," and just wants to be seen as an adult. She knows how to deal with the guys in the band. She has so much confidence for being the younger sister, and having to deal with the women that come in and out of the band's dressing room. I'd be intimidated as hell. Ryder is such a broken guy, but Jamison brings out the best in him. He's super protective, and is terrified to let his feelings for Jamison grow.

We get to follow the band Shaken Dirty on tour. Jamison and Ryder try not to let things go too far between them, but the harder they try the more they are attracted to each other. The wild night together, mentioned in the blurb, is probably one of the hottest scenes I've ever ready. Tracy Wolff did a great job of bringing these characters to life, and making you feel the realness of their desires.

Huge fan, and can't wait to read the stories of the rest of the band. Especially WYATT!!! ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
"4 out of 5 stars! Attraction brews between two long-time friends while they deal with staying within close proximity to each other and try to stay apart, which--of course--doesn't work out but makes for one HOT read!

Jamison & Ryder are a combustible duo in regards to their ever-growing relationship."

Read more of this review and a teaser here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2013/12/feasted-on-shaken-dirty-series... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
Crash Into Me by Tracy Wolff is a great addition to rock star romance. Not only does it have badass rockers, but also a sweet and stubborn friends to lovers story. Shaken Dirty is just about to really make it big and the five bandmates are rock and roll incarnate. They ooze sex appeal, rock, drugs, sex, and emotional issues that make them irresistible to the ladies.

Ryder, lead singer, amazing guitarist, and broken man, suddenly sees the sexy woman Jamison is and wants her. But standing in his way are her brother, the lead guitarist for Shaken Dirty, Ryder's own feelings of inadequacy, and a heaping helping of band drama. One of the awesome things about Ryder and his bandmates is that their emotional issues are real. Drugs, sex, rock and roll: they mask the pain in each of them. Ryder's pain is fueled by guilt over past inaction and a lack of family. His loyalty to Jared, Jamison's brother and his own self-imposed need to take care of the rest of the band also work against him. It's Ryder who has the character arc here.

For her part, Jamison is the quintessential little sister of the best friend. In love with Ryder forever, she handles rejection the only way she knows how: removing herself from the situation. When changes in her life throw them back together, she makes the best of it, but fights against her attraction. Her chemistry and friendship with the band runs deep, and is demonstrated constantly. The easy affection evident through dialogue and action.

This is definitely a rock star story. It has it all: the music, the sex, the drugs, the drama. Against this backdrop, Ryder has to learn to love and accept love. The gritty reality of these broken bandmates counteracts what could otherwise have been a saccharine story. Excellent tension, wonderful characters, and great high drama come together for an irresistible mix. You'll want to become a fan of Shaken Dirty early in their careers so you get the full wild ride.

RATING: 4

Heat Rating: Steamy

REVIEWED BY: Monique Neaves

Courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Feb 26, 2014 |
Crash Into Me was a solid contemporary romance! I love a tall, dark and handsome Rock Star! Ryder, the lead singer of Shaken Dirty, is damaged beyond repair. Thinking that he's no good to love he becomes a complete He-slut. Jamison has always been the off-limits "Little Sister" to all the guys in the band. She's done everything to try and gain a little independence for herself, including pushing aside her crush for Ryder.

Unfortunately, within the matter of a week she loses everything she's worked so hard for. Despite her depressingly dire situation, she's bound to be a strong independent woman. So when her brother Jared, who's the guitarist for Shaken Dirty, offers her money, she settles for a job instead.

The two are thrown together, on a tour of the US, in such tight living spaces, and the tension between them becomes too hard to handle. Is Ryder able to get over his past, willing to break a pact and possible friendship to see where his feelings with Jamison are headed? Is Jamison willing to give her heart away to the one guy she knows will break it?

Overall, this was a rollercoaster of a ride, with a ton of angst and sexual tension. But when the tension breaks HOLY SWEET Mother of Pearl the smexy scene..

This was a great beginning to, what I hope to be a wonderful series. I really can't wait to see what's in store for Jared (guitar)and Wyatt (drummer), they are also dealing with some heartbreaking issues, and I just know that Wolff will give them an awesome story!

ARC provided by Tracy Wolff and Entangled/Brazen in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  asgwilli | Dec 2, 2013 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: Emotional new adult romance with interesting characters, drama, and lots of steamy moments. This was a really great read and I would highly recommend it.

Opening Sentence: His voice roared over her.

The Review:

Jamison Matthews’ life has just fallen apart. She lost her job, boyfriend, and car all in the same week. She has no idea how she is going to pay for her rent, and she refuses to ask for help even if her brother is filthy rich. Her brother is in the band Shaken Dirty and they recently made it in the big times. They are going on a worldwide tour and their first stop happens to be in San Diego where Jamison lives. It’s been a while since she has seen her brother or the gorgeous lead singer of the band, Ryder Montgomery. Jamison has pretty much been in love with Ryder since she was 14 years old. She grew up with the band and all the guys have treated her like their little sister, including Ryder. She threw herself at him years ago and he rejected her. Ryder is still as hot as ever but Jamison refuses to be humiliated again, and she’s not the type of girl that does causal one night stands. But this is Ryder were talking about, the boy she has always loved so maybe she can break a few of her own rules.

Ryder Montgomery has it all. Fame, fortune, girls falling all over themselves to be with him, but the one thing Ryder doesn’t deserve and never will is love. After what happened with his last girlfriend, Ryder has sworn to never put another girl in that situation. Then Jamison walks back into his life. He has always had a thing for her but she is way too good for him. Now she is joining their band on tour and Ryder is afraid he won’t be able to deny his attraction to her anymore. With sexual tensions running sky high, Ryder and Jamison find themselves unable to resist, but they both know that this is going to end in heartbreak for both of them.

I absolutely adored Jamison. She is a fiercely independent girl that has had a pretty rough patch in her life lately. She doesn’t want to ask for help from her father or brother. She is living on her own, being her own person and asking for help seems like she failed. But when her brother offers her a job as a cook for the band, she knows that she doesn’t really have any other options. Now she is stuck on a bus for 7 weeks with the guy of her dreams who doesn’t do relationships, especially with his best friends little sister. I could really sympathize with Jamison and what she was going through. I loved that even though she makes some dumb decisions, she doesn’t do it blindly. She knows that she can get hurt, but she taking a chance and living your life is better than never having lived at all. She was a really easy character to connect with and I really enjoyed being inside her head.

I love reading books from dual POV’s. When you see the story from both parties view, I feel like it is easier to connect with it. So you also get to read the story from Ryder’s POV. Ryder is your typical rockstar, he’s HOT, rich, mysterious, tormented, and did I mention HOTTTT!!!! Suffice to say, he is your perfect bad boy. It was heartbreaking to read Ryder’s story and to see how much he has tortured himself throughout the years. He really cares about Jamison, always has, but being with him is destructive. His life and his band mate’s lives are very hectic and he would never put a sweet girl like Jamison through that. But man oh man do they have some amazing chemistry. Ryder’s character really pulled at my heartstrings and I found him a very lovable guy.

This was a really entertaining read for me. I felt a wide variety of emotions while on Ryder and Jamison’s journey. The struggles they go through were very realistic and their story was very sweet. The romance is beautifully developed and filled with lots of steamy moments. I also adored the secondary characters in the story. The band is complete with five guys and you get little glimpses into their lives and I am hoping that with the rest of the series we will get to know more about them. From the first page until the very last, I was captivated and intrigued. The writing was flawless and while the plot was a little predictable, it was still very enjoyable. Overall, this was a really great read for me and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an emotional and steamy new adult series.

Notable Scene:

“Stop it, Max!” she said, jerking from side to side as hard as she could. But he was holding her so tightly she couldn’t get much traction. “Stop it!” she begged. “Please, please, stop!”

He wasn’t listening or maybe he was just too high to listen. Either way, her stomach turned as he trailed his wet mouth over her shoulder.

“Come on, baby,” he muttered, jerking her head back so he could press a sloppy kiss to her mouth.

“Just let it happen.”

She bit him then, clamping her teeth down on his lower lip as hard as she could. It was his turn to scream, to shove at her. He pulled back a hand to hit her and she braced herself for the impact. She’d take a beating over rape any day.

But his hand never connected. Instead, he was pulled off of her and slammed into the opposite wall so hard she heard the thud even over the roar of the music. She went with him part of the way, until he finally managed to untangle his hand from her hair and raise it in a misguided effort to defend himself.

Even then it took Jamison a second to realize what was happening, to realize that she was free. When she did, she scrambled several feet down the hallway, desperate to simply get away. But as she prepared to run, she got a glimpse of her rescuer’s face as he pinned Max to the wall.

Ryder.

It was Ryder who had found her, Ryder who had saved her. And Ryder who was currently shouting obscenities as he beat the hell out of the other singer.

FTC Advisory: Entangled: Brazen provided me with a copy of Crash Into Me. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Nov 15, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,867,997 books! | Top bar: Always visible