Ajax Penumbra 1969 by Robin Sloan

Ajax Penumbra 1969

by Robin Sloan

English (20)  German (2)  All languages (22)
This short prequel to Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore revealed how Ajax Penumbra came to San Francisco in search of a rare book and then became involved in the unusual book store. It is an interesting tale combined with a little bit of San Francisco history. ( )
  Rdglady | Nov 20, 2018 |
This was a cute little adventure and some backstory into Ajax Penumbra. In this we learn of Penumbra's origins, how he came to be in San Francisco, became a member of a secret book society, and came to own the 24-hour books store. It was an enjoyable short story. ( )
  Virago77 | Nov 13, 2018 |
This is a quick back story to [b:Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore|13538873|Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1)|Robin Sloan|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1345089845s/13538873.jpg|6736543]. It's a light, fun, and imaginative read. I'm glad to know more about how Ajax came to be Mr. Penumbra. Of course, I found Cortiva to be just as endearingly irritating as well.

Once again, like I felt after reading the larger book, I am aching for a visit to the City now. (San Francisco for those in the know.) ( )
  TheBibliophage | Mar 20, 2018 |
3.5 stars

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

It's been quite some time since I read Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore. But I really enjoyed it so this short novella was something I wanted to read for a long time.

It's a very fast and entertaining short story about the younger years of Penumbra and how he ended up owning a 24-hour bookstore. Though I'd rather see a complete sequel to the first book, this is a good surrogate.

But I think it very likely that I'd been a bit more invested in the characters had it not been 2 years since I read the first book.

Ajax Penumbra 1969 is the prequel novella to Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
What a fun read and a closer look at Ajax Penumbra after reading Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Book Store. Loved getting a closer looks at the characters in Mr Penumbra's seeing who they were.

Received my copy at the Texas Book Festival after purchasing Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Book Store. ( )
  yvonne.sevignykaiser | Apr 2, 2016 |
A visitor walks the city, searching.

The utterly charming prequel to the New York Times-bestseller Mr Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,584,207 books! | Top bar: Always visible