Going Rogue by Robin Benway

Going Rogue

by Robin Benway

Note: I have not read the first book in this series. I'm assuming the whole teen spy thing was explained there so I'm suspending my disbelief and making a note to read the book sometime.

One of my favorite things about this book was Maggie's relationship with her best friend Roux. They were so supportive of each other, it was wonderful. Actually, Maggie had great relationships with everyone: Roux, her boyfriend, her parents, her spy mentor. Since I am big on found family that was great for me.

I like the idea of the Collective--the spy organization for which Maggie and her parents work--losing its way and doing bad things. I like the idea of the split between factions.

Going Rogue was a fun book. I plan to go back and read the earlier book and I will read further books.

(Provided by publisher) ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
Finished it in just a few days and found myself thinking about it and anticipating getting back to the story. Very engrossing. ( )
  blmyers | May 15, 2017 |
Hmmmmm. It's fine but not near as good as the first. ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
Ah, really enjoyed this one! I liked the first one, but Going Rogue was more of actual spy stuff, more of actual relationship, just MORE. Full review to come. ( )
  Stormydawnc | Jun 23, 2014 |
It took me a little while to get back into the swing of Maggie's life, particularly since she's retired now and attending SAT prep classes with her friend Roux, just like any normal teenager. But, we know that idyllic moment won't last for long when the Collective accuses Maggie's parents of stealing. Maggie quickly trades normalcy for the spy-game and with guidance from mentor Angelo, stakes out the bad guy's house. I like the way Benway pulls together the various characters in the book, giving just as much importance to Maggie's feeling for her boyfriend (and former mark) Jessie and friend Roux as she does the spy storyline. ( )
  ethel55 | Feb 18, 2014 |

Being permanently based in a local New York City high school as an undercover operative has its moments, good and bad, for 16-year-old safecracker Maggie Silver. Pros: More quality time with her former mark-turned-boyfriend Jesse Oliver and insanely cool best friend, Roux. Getting to spend quality time with her semi-retired and international spy honorary uncle, Angelo. Cons: High school and the accompanying cliques, bad lunches, and frustratingly simple locker combinations. But when Maggie's parents are falsely accused of stealing priceless gold coins, Maggie uses her safecracking skills to try and clear their names. Too bad it only serves to put her and everyone she loves in danger. Maggie and her "new team" flee to Paris where they must come up with a plan to defeat their former allies.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:58 -0400)

When sixteen-year-old Maggie Silver's parents are falsely accused of stealing priceless gold coins, she must use her safecracking skills to try to clear their names, with help from the "new team" she has formed as an undercover operative in a New York City high school.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,913,333 books! | Top bar: Always visible