The One & Only by Emily Gifin

The One & Only (edition 2014)

by Emily Gifin

5943924,572 (3)7
Member:cbritt29
Title:The One & Only
Authors:Emily Gifin
Info:Ballantine Books (2014), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover

The One & Only by Emily Giffin

I didn't like this - hero worship of someone 20 years older over a shared love of football. What else did they have in common? Why did she have to make the QB boyfriend abusive? Shea is 32 years old, drinks way too much, and doesn't have a good perspective -- football is her life. This was not a favorite. ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |
Listened in audio version ( )
  karenvg3 | Mar 19, 2018 |
Shea Rigsby has always known football, more specifically, Walker football. Shea, born and raised in Walker, Texas, and a proud alumni, is a budding sports reporter. Her idol is Walker's head coach, Coach Clive Carr, also her best friend's father. When Mrs. Carr dies from cancer, the upcoming football season means everything to Coach Carr, Shea, and Walker fans everywhere. Shea starts to get feelings for the older, yet attractive Coach she has known her whole life. Is it just a crush? Or does he have feelings for her too? This book is recommended for any fans of the television show "Friday Night Lights" or anyone looking for a good piece of chick-lit. While this was not my favorite Emily Giffin novel, it proved to be a nice, relaxing read. ( )
  mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
This was not what I expected. It got better in the middle. ( )
  Jewel.Barnett | Sep 6, 2017 |
While I enjoyed this book on some levels, there were things about it that disturbed me a good deal. Shea's best friend is someone she has grown up with, and she is closer to that family than her own complicated family. Her friend's mother dies, and that's where everything begins. First, you must understand that Shea is a rabid football fan for a small fictitious Texas college who competes with Division 1 schools. I could have cared less about all the football talk, feeling that it took away from the story. The friend, Lucy, is someone I wanted to shake a few times, and Shea falls for men she shouldn't, for a variety of reasons. Parts of the ending were good, but others not so much. All in all, it was entertaining, aside from the times I wanted to throw the book on the floor. ( )
  hobbitprincess | Jul 9, 2017 |
For my uncle, Doug Elgin, who inspired my love of college sports...and taught me that it's more than just a game
I should have been thinking about God.

New York Times bestselling author Emily Giffin returns with The One and Only, an extraordinary new novel about loyalty, love, loss, and the ties that bind.

Praise for Emily Giffin

“Emily Giffin ranks as a grand master. Over the course of five best-selling novels, she has traversed the slippery slopes of true love, lost love, marriage, motherhood, betrayal, forgiveness and redemption that have led her to be called ‘a modern-day Jane Austen.’”Chicago Sun-Times

“A dependably down-to-earth, girlfriendly storyteller.”The New York Times

“Giffin’s talent lies in taking relatable situations and injecting enough wit and suspense to make them feel fresh.”People

“Giffin’s writing is true, smart, and heartfelt.”Entertainment Weekly

“Giffin . . . excels at creating complex characters and quick-to-read stories that ask us to explore what we really want from our lives.”The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

“When it comes to writing stories that resonate with real women, best-selling author Emily Giffin has hit her stride.”San Francisco Chronicle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:53 -0400)

Centering her life on the successful Walker family, into which she plans to marry, Shea struggles to end her affair with a less-than-stellar boyfriend only to have her entire existence placed in question by the death of the family's mother.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,509,760 books! | Top bar: Always visible