Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall

A Man Called Peter

by Catherine Marshall

Member:lodge43library
Title:A Man Called Peter
Authors:Catherine Marshall
Info:Publisher Unknown

A Man Called Peter: The Story of Peter Marshall by Catherine Marshall

This book, ya'll. So where's the 5 billion star button again?

I don't think I have ever been so impacted by a single mortal man. I don't know in what way yet, but this book, and this man changed me.

From a reading perspective, it was very well written, and very accurate, as it is written by Peter Marshall's wife. It was almost autobiographical, which I liked. All the stories were so amazing and inspiring, and many of them I was either wiping tears, or clutching my side laughing.

I loved this book! I would highly recommend it to all people! It blessed and encouraged me in a way I cannot explain, as it and the life of Peter Marshall have done to many people. A must read! ( )
  SarahGraceGrzy | Oct 2, 2018 |
Biography of a Presbyterian minister, written by his wife. Peter Marshall was a humble and sincere man and became the Chaplain of the US Congress. ( )
  krista.rutherford | May 16, 2015 |
Biography of a Presbyterian minister/US Senate Chaplain by his wife. This guy sets a good example for pastors, husbands, and fathers, even though he wasn't altogether perfect. ( )
  krista.rutherford | Dec 26, 2014 |
Peter Marshall emigrated to the USA from Scotland and soon became one of the most popular preachers in the south, rising to Chaplain of the US Senate. He brought God into the affairs of men with enthusiasm and good humour.
  RubislawLibrary | Dec 8, 2013 |
The story of pastor Peter Marshall by Catherine Marshall
  antiqueart | Dec 7, 2013 |
Es war keineswegs Peters Wunschtraum, Pfarrer zu werden.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:38 -0400)

In the Preface to A Man Called Peter, Catherine Marshall tells of a dream she had after Peter Marshall's death: Peter was working in a rose garden and said playfully, "I know perfectly well what you've been doing, Catherine. You're writing a book. . . . It's all right, Kate. Go ahead and write it. Tell it all, if it will prove to people that a man can love the Lord and not be a sissy. . . ." Filled with wonderful humor, wisdom, and loving detail, the powerful story of Peter Marshall's life has touched the hearts and minds of millions of people. It is a book about love--the love between a dynamic man and his God, and the tender, romantic love between a man and the woman he married. It is also the gripping adventure of a poor Scottish immigrant who became Chaplain of the United States Senate and one of the most revered men in America. Through Peter's story and the powerful sermons and prayers included in this paperback edition, readers will discover insight into God, man, and life on earth and hereafter. They will also be encouraged by the realization that if God can do so much for a man called Peter, he can do as much for them.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,416,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible