The Guard: A Novella (Kindle Single) (The…

The Guard: A Novella (Kindle Single) (The selection)

by Kiera Cass

This is a novella companion to the Selection series from Aspen Leger's viewpoint. It pretty much starts with Marlee and Woodwork's caning and ends with America running into the woods when rebels attack. This is enjoyable to see Aspen's view of what is going on and what happens that you don't hear in the other books. Like what happened when the rebels attack. You know he got hurt in The Elite but you don't know how. You also see his side of the relationship with Lucy. Wonderful companion well worth the read. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 11, 2016 |
This short story was not as painful as "The Prince." It gave me a little bit more perspective on what Aspen was thinking when he did all the idiotic, selfish, stupid stuff. It doesn't excuse the fact that he's an arrogant, selfish, stupid, idiot, and I still don't like him. I still feel like these short stories were written just to try and get more money, but at least this one made me hate Aspen a bit less, unlike Maxon's short story, that made me dislike Maxon more. I've said it in my other reviews, but, Kiera Cass has an excellent writing style, and decent story ideas. The one thing that she really, REALLY needs to work on is her ability to create characters that are actually likeable. ( )
  NicoleSch | Jun 1, 2016 |
I don't like Aspen... and I'm glad he found someone else. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
It was really interesting to see things from Aspen's perspective. But I have always, and will forever more, rooted for Prince Maxon, the only one (in my opinion) to truly love America. ( )
  racarpenter94 | Jan 27, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this story and getting to see another side of things. This story is told from Aspen's point of view and how he views things is so different from what we are used to with the rest of the series. It brings a whole new perspective to the events that are happening and how the relationships in the story look to those outside of them.

Every fan of the series will enjoy reading this and seeing how things can be looked at from a different angle. There are some very sweet moments and there are some funny moments and it is definitely worth a read. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

This brand new 64-page story begins just after the group of Selected girls is narrowed down to the Elite and is told from Aspen's point of view. The Guard also features a teaser to The One, the thrilling conclusion to The Selection trilogy.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,015,126 books! | Top bar: Always visible