Since You've Been Gone by Anouska Knight

Since You've Been Gone

by Anouska Knight

"5 out of 5 stars!!! WOW ... just, wow. Throughout reading this novel I expected to see it take many different turns, but I never expected to be so enraptured that I'd read through it so quickly and fall in love with it at the same time.

What can I say ...."

Read more of this review and TWO teasers here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2014/07/idolizing-in-since-youve-been-... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
This was a sweet book about finding love, losing it and then being brave enough to find it again. And there's cake! ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |
Originally on my book blog

Netgalley provided me with this book for an honest review

This book was very cute. It was light and fun. There wasn't much that I didn't like about this book. It had the perfect blend of sadness, happiness, humor, romance, characters, plot, and everything else that makes me like or dislike a book.

I live for tragic stories. The boyfriend has gotten so used to me saying "I loved this book!" and his response is "how many people died?" It's weird. It's probably not normal. But that's just how it is with me. In this book, Holly's husband died two years earlier and she's still trying to move on from it. She hasn't gone on dates or tried to find another boyfriend since then. She's been too focused on her work and trying to keep her late husband alive. Then in comes Ciaran Argyll. At first, I wasn't sure if I'd like him. He's the typical super rich guy that gets everything that he wants. He's also so much more than that.

I've come to realize that chick lit books that I've found rarely have insta-love and this is no different. I didn't feel like the relationship was forced. In fact, the one problem I had with the book was that it was at times a little slow getting to the romance. I was just like "KISS ALREADY" at least twice. But that's what made this book realistic. Holly was still heartbroken over the loss of her husband, so she didn't want to rush into anything. Ciaran didn't make her.

When the romance did come in, it was adorable. It was fresh. I didn't feel like I was reading about the same couple but set in a different country. I felt like this was a couple I had never read about before. They were strong together. They are good together. I loved them together. I liked Holly and I liked Ciaran and I loved Holly and Ciaran.

I think the strongest part of this book was that Holly still kept her business a main focus even after she was with Ciaran. How often do women get into relationships in books and then you never hear about their career again? Holly was a strong character for so many reasons, but this is one that really stuck out to me. ( )
  beearedee | Feb 14, 2015 |
Anouska Knight writes a well thought out story with characters you care about and want to see more of in 'since you've been gone'. I found myself feeling Holly's pain even years after loosing her husband and also understood where Ciaran was coming from in his trying to find someone he could trust. A really enjoyable read by a new author that I can't wait to read more from. ( )
  jkgrage | Nov 24, 2014 |
I have been gravitating towards books that focus on bakeries or any type of sweet shop. I find these stories charming and sometimes there are bonuses with yummy recipes in the back of the books. Well this book started out ok. I went along reading the book and got about half way when I was like what am I reading. There was no redeeming qualities about any of the characters, the storyline was nothing special and I was not feeling any chemistry between Holly and Ciaran what so ever. They were both off putting. Holly for being condescending to Ciaran and others that were of higher status then her. Ciaran for having the attitude of wealth and just thinking that he can make any comments he wants and get away with it. No thanks. I felt no need to continue with this book. ( )
  Cherylk | Oct 28, 2014 |

In one tragic moment, Holly Jefferson's life as she knew it changed forever. Now she's running her bakery, Cake-- or at least going through the motions. Then she meets Ciaran Argyll. His privileged and charmed life feels a million miles from her own. But Ciaran, too, is wrestling with ghosts. Will Holly find the missing ingredient that allows her to live again-- and embrace an unknown and unexpected tomorrow?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,448,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible