Let It Snow by Erica Ridley

I received a free copy for an honest review. Lance has a bounty on his head and decides to get the treasure in a castle to pay off his debts. However, he encounters, Marigold who is the princess who has been trapped in the caste for over 600 years. The storyline was absolutely funny with their interaction from two people from different eras trying to figure out a way out. The scene with the Snickers bar had me laughing so much as I could totally relate to it. A great read with tons of imaginative elements but with the underlying love story we all love to read. I highly recommend it. ( )
  FReads | Apr 1, 2016 |
Let it Snow by Erica Ridley

Lance Desmond tries to get a treasure inside of Castle Cavanaugh, risking an ancient curse. He becomes trapped inside with (Medieval) Princess Marigold. But Marigold tries to deny her feelings for Lance, since no one has made it past midnight. All the other men just vanished.

I liked Lance, he being from present time, and Marigold is likable as well. she is innocent,naive and very impressed with some of the modern things Lance has with him.

The paring or the two is clever, watching them interact was enjoyable. They are faced with several problems, one being getting out of the Castle alive. I liked the original plot, it was interesting, captivating, an fun to see how it all unfolds.

I recommend Let it Snow to those who love a great (romantic) fantasy. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
Let It Snow by Erica Ridley
no chapter 10?
Wasn't prepared for this book. Thought it'd be a nice snowy read. It starts out with Lance Desmond who's returned to his house and his friend shows him devices that might interest him.
He's now on a quest to find a bloom in the Castle Cavanaugh. This tale is one from many times: magical, mythical, mixed in latest up to date. Funny at times when he's talking to others that have come through a portal using modern English phrases.
Princess Marigold must not become his friend or he will vanish within hours like the others.
Mercenary knight who's buying a pirate ship, has a smartphone but no wifi and likes candycrush.
Marigold has quite a tale as to why she's in the castle, day of her birthday and no furniture...
He would make her birthday and Christmas wishes come true before they both got back to his real world...
Lance had brought many things with him, perhaps he has the knowledge to beat the curse of the castle...
Lots of surprises and sex. Bit far fetched for me
I received this book from the author. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jan 7, 2016 |
Well, not sure what to say about this book. What I found difficult to accept is the world that the book took place in. And if you just don't believe the world created then its hard to get into the book. The world that the author created was I guess? in our time period but with characters using swords and magic. A lot of current brand items and slang used but also possibly futuristic. It was very confusing and bothered me the entire read. To me, it felt like a fan-fiction type world where all the things the author liked, make believe and real life, were all jumbled into a world that the reader should accept at face value. No explanation, no introduction into that world.

When you take that world out of the story its an ok paranormal romance however it was a tad predictable and contained gratuitous sex scenes.

If you like this author and like tales where you don't care about the world build then you will may like this book.

Received this book via LibraryThing.com Member Giveaway for my honest review. ( )
  llyramoon | Jun 27, 2014 |
Lance Desmond, a bounty hunter and treasure seeker, finds himself with a price on his head compliments of Ivan Radko. Now Lance must find a way to rid himself of this bounty and finish paying for his pirate ship too. Lance searches for The Golden Bloom of Eternal Youth at Castle Cavanaugh. Princess Marigold has spent the last six centuries cursed without hope, love, or family to guide her. Marigold is stunned to find Lance inside the castle faced with no possibly of ever leaving. When Lance that he's trapped in the castle like Marigold he becomes angry and hurt. Is there a way out? Can Lance admit he loves Marigold? Will Marigold dare to hope? Your answers await you in Let It Snow.

Who doesn't like castles and knights in shinig armour. Let It Snow has all the elements of good fantasy novel with a modern day twist. Damsel in distress, curses, and unwitting knight make for a compelling book to read. Ms. Ridley has created a unique story and characters. ( )
  WolfFaerie17 | Mar 21, 2014 |
After another long spell of swashbuckling and bounty hunting, Lance Desmond could barely wait to hang up his sword.

Adventurer Lance Desmond needs to produce a fortune before his arch-rival collects the bounty on his head. He risks an ancient curse to retrieve treasure hidden within icebound Castle Cavanaugh, only to become trapped inside. Not with the gold he so desperately needs, but with medieval Princess Marigold who's been cooling her heels since... well, medieval times.

The lonely princess refuses to acknowledge the blossoming attraction between them. Not just because she deserves a better future than a penniless rogue. But because at midnight, he'll vanish like all her other would-be heroes. And the evergreen in the parlor will have one more figurine hanging from its boughs...

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Erica Ridley's book Let It Snow was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Erica Ridley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,478,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible