Miss Chatterley, Part IV: Spent by Logan…

Miss Chatterley, Part IV: Spent

by Logan Belle

222,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byReadYourWrites, mt256

No tags.

Reviewed by Kim
for Read Your Writes Book Reviews

Okay, so Miss Chatterley, Part 4: Spent ties up the series nicely. Maybe in fact a little too nicely. Spent picks up where Torn, book three left off. I am now back to understanding Connie and feeling for her. But if I had to pick sides, my loyalty would be and has always been with Cliff.

I can't say that I went into reading Spent with any idea of what was going to happen. Wait, that's not true. I went in thinking that Connie's inability to grow a pair was going to blow up in her face. I went in thinking that EVERYONE was playing poor Cliff. I didn't expect the level of deceit to go as far as it was alluded to. I guess the old saying of don't hate the player, hate the game is true. But I still want to hate several characters.

The Miss Chatterley series shows what can happen when you lose yourself to someone else and their dreams, sacrificing your dreams for theirs. It's a story of actually learning what it means to love someone and discovering that love and sex are not one and the same.

In Spent, Connie's affair comes to light with a violent outcome. Truths are discovered and realizations are made. I don't want to be too judgmental of the characters so I understand that I need to suspend reality just a little bit. I just think the timeline for the ending resolution happened too quickly.

Source: Author ( )
  ReadYourWrites | Oct 29, 2013 |
This is a series that you need to read in order. So if you haven't read the first three parts, I recommend that you do.
I have to admit I was a little nervous about this book. There had been so much tension building up to this point that I was afraid how it would all go down. Since this is the fourth and final book of Miss Chatterley, I won't go into much detail, lest I spoil the ending for readers. But I will say this, I was pleased with the ending. There were a few nail-biting moments, but I thought the author did a good job of bringing the book to a believable resolution.
Connie and Cliff went through an emotional wringer throughout this series. They learned a lot about themselves as well as each other. Overall I really liked this series. I think it strayed a bit from Lady Chatterley's Lover, but it still is an entertaining story.
Read more at http://www.2readornot2read.com/2013/10/review-spent-miss-chatterley-part-4.html#... ( )
  mt256 | Oct 6, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,862,560 books! | Top bar: Always visible