Audrey Bunny by Angie Smith

Audrey Bunny

by Angie Smith

422273,462 (5)None

Audrey Bunny isn’t perfect. She has a little hole above her heart. She wants nothing more than to be loved. But is she unworthy of being loved with her hole? When Caroline enters her life and takes her home from the toy shop, Audrey falls in love. But then is conflicted because she is worried that she will lose Caroline’s love when Caroline notices that she isn’t flawless.

Audrey Bunny is a sweet love story that proves nobody is perfect. Written with religious undertones, this story can be read over and over again. Thanks to Angie Smith, the author, for creating a lovable character and story that will touch your heart. Most importantly the message that the author builds on is differences make us unique and special. While there is so much more to this story that can be found on Angie Smith’s website, it is how she created the story and her spiritual closeness with G-d that makes this a gem. You don’t have to be religious to enjoy the story and share it with others. It can be a great tool for discussion with children on many levels and Angie has also included activities in the back of the book to do as well.

This is a love story, of a different sort. Recommended for children ages 4-8. ( )
  LMKatz | Jan 14, 2016 |
I read Audrey Bunny, in exchange for honest review from FlyBy Blog Promotions. The book starts out with Audrey sitting in a barrel full of other toys in a toy store, waiting to be bought and played with. She wants to be perfect for a little girl or boy, but she keeps getting overlooked.

How many times have we tried to be perfect for someone, only to be overlooked because of a perceived imperfection? Maybe we changed our behavior and attitudes to impress someone, who was simply not interested.

Audrey was imperfect, but being imperfect does not mean she does not deserve love. We all have imperfections and flaws. We deserve love. Audrey thought if she kept her imperfections hidden, then the little girl, Caroline, would love her because Audrey would be considered perfect. She thought if Caroline saw her imperfection, she would be returned to the store. What happens next..Read the book.

At the end of the book, there is a parent connection, a mini bible study using Psalms 119:73.

Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands (Biblegateway.com)

There is a reading, then questions, followed by action. This was a quick read. The book was well-written and had beautiful images.
  staciewyatt | Mar 18, 2014 |

A stuffed bunny named Audrey worries that a child would never choose her because of her imperfections, until a little girl named Caroline comes along and loves her regardless.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,313,742 books! | Top bar: Always visible