Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater

I think this book is more like 4.5/4.75 stars.
I read this book for the second time and loved it so much, even more than the first time. A lot more than the first time, to be honest. I think the first time I went into this book with entirely different expectations than what it provided, and I was disappointed. But this time I knew what I was getting into and that made me somehow appreciate it so much more this time around. It was Maggie's writing, which I hadn't read in a while, that sold me from the moment I started rereading it. I guess I just missed it that much without even realizing it. There is something so unique about it, so beautiful and refreshing. Once I delve into it, I can't stop.
And the characters, of course, I loved incredibly. It was so good to read a book dedicated entirely to Cole and Isabel. They were both as human and relatable as they were in the Mercy Falls series, and my love for them only grew.
The only tiny issue with this book I still retain in the very recesses of my mind is with the plot. It was interesting, but it wasn't the main point of the story. The characters were, and they were worth it. But I still felt as if the plot wasn't exactly following one cohesive line which led to a definite conclusion. It was a bit all over the place, or at least that's what I felt.
Except for this, I had no qualms about this book. Overall it dealt with very important issues, and did so subtly and humanely, with a deft and touching skill, just like Maggie knows to do so well. Therefore I really loved it. ( )
  UDT | May 1, 2018 |
Goodreads Synopsis:
found.
Cole St. Clair has come to California for one reason: to get Isabel Culpeper back. She fled from his damaged, drained life, and damaged and drained it even more. He doesn't just want her. He needs her.
lost.
Isabel is trying to build herself a life in Los Angeles. It's not really working. She can play the game as well as all the other fakes...but what's the point? What is there to win?
sinner.
Cole and Isabel share a past that never seemed to have a future. They have the power to save each other and the power to tear each other apart. The only thing for certain is that they cannot let go.

My Review:
Cole is back and he's trying to get his shit together. Unlike the other books in the series, this one isn't really focused on werewolves. More Cole and Isabel together in L.A. I read in other reviews that other people felt like this wasn't a good ending to the series, but I disagree. I was completely satisfied at the end. I love the characters. All of them. I love them separately, I love them together, I love this book. I was sucked in from the very beginning. Honestly I didn't know it existed until I saw it sitting on my friends bookshelf. I loved the trilogy, but somehow missed the fourth book in the series, maybe because I thought it was a trilogy. I'm so glad I got the chance to read it, I'd forgotten how much I loved the story and the characters and really everything about these books. I really like how they're written. I don't usually like viewpoint changes, but these were welcomed. Every second of this book was amazing and I couldn't put it down. I probably will buy a copy of it for my bookshelf. The backstory at the beginning really helped catch me up seeing as it had been so long since I read the other three books. This was a story you really got caught up in reading and I wanted to burn through it to see what was next but also wanted to save it because I knew this was all I got. The end. That's it. I definitely recommend it. What more can I say? If you loved the other books like I did, you'll also love this one.
Thanks for reading! Check out this review and more at my blog.
(Radioactivebookreviews.wordpress.com) ( )
  aurora.schnarr | Jul 11, 2017 |
I really liked the other books in this series when I read them several years ago. I was crazy over Cole even though he wasn't the main character, and I had no idea that he had his own book. I just happened to stumbled upon it. Even though it is part of The Wolves of Mercy Falls series, it has a very different feel from the others. They were more YA fantasy romance, and Sinner is more of a NA rockstar romance. The others really centered around the werewolves, but this is mostly about Cole's life separate from the pack. It doesn't have the suck you in ups and downs of the other books. It's more of a lighter read. I did like it, but I missed the feelings I had from the others. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
There is something about two people who are a hot mess, figure out their crap, and come together that makes me weep with joy. ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |

Sinner follows Cole St. Clair, a pivotal character from the #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver Trilogy.

Everybody thinks they know Cole’s story.  Stardom.  Addiction.  Downfall.  Disappearance.  But only a few people know Cole’s darkest secret – his ability to shift into a wolf.  One of these people is Isabel.  At one point, they may have even loved each other.  But that feels like a lifetime ago.

Now Cole is back.  Back in the spotlight.  Back in the danger zone.  Back in Isabel’s life. Can this sinner be saved?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:09 -0400)

Cole St. Clair has come to California for one reason: to get back Isabel Culpeper.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,315,329 books! | Top bar: Always visible