Who Told You So?! by Freek Lomme

by Freek Lomme

5None1,436,638NoneNone

No tags.

No reviews

Only accountable to ourselves, Who told you so?! - The collective story vs. the individual narrative - challenges states of social ambivalence within various levels of cohesion: government, organization, scene and family. Abstractly informing our collective subjectivity and practically nurturing our personal, existential momentum, here we may inform our experiences along the lines of the poetical and critical postures presented. The postures included here inform on our whereabouts. Having the opportunity to feed our individual narrations, we may enable ourselves to challenge the collective stories written to us. Come and play upon ambivalence in cohesion’s truths and face up to what we might consider ambiguous!

The various concentrated gestures and scenarios in this project offer surprising and revealing perspectives of the conditionality of individual freedom within the social configurations in which we find cohesion. Fascinating, relevant and intriguing, now that collective freedom is at odds with individual liberties and individual liberties are at odds with the collective associations by which they should be represented. Belonging to any group makes you an accessory and if you don’t belong, you are not allowed to assume that responsibility. Whatever happens if you belong to a group without wanting to, we usually do not know... We live in times of great social ambiguity.

Trying to find new challenges and widening perspectives, often double-tongued as well as hiding a secret agenda, this project looks for deeper relations. Forty artists, ten writers and four poets use their astute authors’ skills to offer a thought-provoking ambiguity. This bundle will offer conformists an insight into the restrictions of freedom they are responsible for, will inspire freethinkers who feel they lack something and try to find a position, and it will provide recognition to those who feel oppressed.

Artists:

Aleksandra Domanovic, Foundland, Gokce Suvari, Group R.E.P. (revolutionary experimental space), Lieven De Boeck, Mauro Vallejo, Monika Löve, Slavs and Tartars, Azra Aksamija, Elena Bajo, Hank Willis Thomas, Heath Bunting, Jacqueline Schoemaker, Job Janssen, Tracy Mackenna & Edwin Janssen, Paul Segers, Anikó Loránt and Kaszás Tamás, Boudewijn Bollmann, Daan Samson, Exactitudes: Ari Versluis & Ellie Uyttenbroek, Gillian Wearing, Julian D’Angiolill, Katrin korfmann, Ken Lum, Marjolijn Dijkman, Matthijs Bosman, Mireia c. Saladrigues, Serge Onnen, Pedro Bakker, Šejla Kamerić, Erwin van Doorn & Inge Nabuurs, Erika Rothenberg,Gunes Terkol, Jans Muskee, Keren Cytter, Melanie Bonajo, Nadine Byrne,Ronald Ophuis, Sebastian Friedman.

Writers:
Dr. Jonathan Short,Patricia Reed, Daniel Miller, Matteo Lucchetti, Markus Miessen, Alfredo Cramerotti, Wim Langenhoff, René Gabriëls, Leon Heuts and Tanja Baudoin (Onomatopee)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,762,369 books! | Top bar: Always visible