The Escape by Jenna Fox

by Jenna Fox

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added byRobert.Zimmermann

No tags.

The Escape was an erotic short that didn’t quite hit all the marks for me as a reader, but it was still work checking out for being Fox’s first release.

If you’re a reader looking for a story with some good BDSM elements, this might be for you. I’ve not inexperienced on the subject, so there’s not much that’ll shock me. With that said, a twist in this story threw me out of the a comfort zone of sorts. I’m a firm believer in reading and the writing of what we read being a form of escapism that can contain fantasies not acted out in everyday life. There’s a little leeway to what’s “ethical,” for lack of a better word. But, there was a part in the twist that just didn’t sit well for me and I think it was also due to the way it was written into the story.

Despite that, the rest of the story wasn’t off-putting. It had its sexy scene in it. The writing itself was good. I’d be interesting in reading a future release from Fox because I feel there’s still room to grow with the writing in this story. Some of it was run-of-the-mill for erotica. Nothing set it apart from the rest, but there’s potential here. ( )
  Robert.Zimmermann | Oct 7, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,166,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible