Hard Candy for Christmas by Ella Dominguez

Hard Candy for Christmas

by Ella Dominguez

91950,433 (5)1

For a challenge, I decided to try this short story. Hmms. Thought it was supposed to be short, but there are 14 chapters. hmms. At least I will after I get Sims 4 to stop accidentally loading. Taps foot.

Right, so, the story. Pixie Lia flirted with the wrong guy. Witch Samara was grumpy about the whole thing and cursed Pixie. Now Lia's without wings or magic. Constrained to the mundane human world. Unless she does something or other by Christmas (edit: find true love). Which is bad, apparently, because humans have small dicks. Right, sorry "average sized dicks".

Hmm. I kind of know what kind of story I'm getting myself into when the book opens with the main character lazily playing with engorged clit. hmms. Swollen, engorged, pfft. Ok, book says swollen.

Apparently the tranisition to human world was relatively simple for Lia, who found an aparment (with roommate) and a job (at a 900 sex telephone line).

Hmms. So, dragged to a Christmas costume party dressed like a pixie. Meets up with two potential "true loves" almost at same time. Which is easy since they came to the party together and she sits at their table.

Cute story so far. Despite being depressed and overly horny, I kind of like Lia so far.

Re: title of Hard Candy. Found line in book that explains that. The two men Lia meets are the "hard candy". "Which hardy candy do I want to lick?" “It’s what you and Dale are. You’re both eye candy with hard bodies. Hence, hard candy.”

Hmms. This story suddenly took a turn into BDSM. At least dominance and submission. And bondage. I was not prepared for such as none of the shelves on the top level say BDSM.

"he fingered her ass and licked her clean." - ewwwww

Hmms. Erotic stories don't normally bring tears to my eyes. But this one did. During one particular moment at least when it appeared everything was doomed. Ok, two particular moments.

I had to check to make sure and I was right. Before now I've rated several, many?, erotic/adult books five stars, but only one sits on my favorites shelf. Why? Because of the nature of artificially being limited to full stars. Heck, even being limited to half stars. So, some things are just "good enough" to merit, say, 4.5, or even 4.75 stars. Should I "punish" them by marking them 4 stars? To a certain extent, I wouldn't really mind that. Except . . . then they mingle with books that truly are 4 stars. Should I take a star from them so they don't intermingle with higher quality works? Something has to break somewhere along the line. I broke into letting everything below five be rated accurately, and have five mixed up with some books that are really less than five but much more than 4 stars.

And then put the true five stars, the true favorites, on my favorites shelf. I have fifty works on there. At least I did. I now have 51. And the number of adult books on my favorites shelf have immediately doubled. To two.

The last thing I'll say is just this: I'm always saddened when I see that the works I find to be favorites aren't for others. Heck, before I input my rating, this work has an overall rating of 3.49. That makes me sad. And teary eyed. I'm not normally teary eyed. I think the story broke me. ( )
  Lexxi | May 31, 2015 |

Ella Dominguez is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,918,282 books! | Top bar: Always visible