Silent Dreams

Silent Dreams

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byRobert.Zimmermann

No tags.

Even with me being a poet, I don't pick up many poetry collections to review. But I'm starting to find some great collections that I can pick up and can't seem to put them down. Silent Dreams is one of those.

I was surprised when I finished, because I read it "cover-to-cover" (ebooks don't have covers, silly me). I rarely have the attention span to read more than a few poems at a time, even when it's a collection from one of my favorites. Gade's words sucked me in and didn't let me go until the very end.

I enjoyed that there was a great mixture of themes throughout, along with a little treat at the end. The last two poems were in the poet's native Danish. While I don't have any idea what the words meant, I tried to recite the poems. I failed miserably, but it only added to my enjoyment of the collection. When a can create beautiful works in multiple languages, it's a show of skills many writers don't possess.

This collection will be one I go back to, to re-read and share with fellow poetry fans for a while to come. ( )
  Robert.Zimmermann | Oct 7, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,618,763 books! | Top bar: Always visible