David by Amber Jerome~Norrgard
113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byRobert.Zimmermann

No tags.

Here is yet another of Norrgard’s stories that I’ve enjoyed. Unlike the other two that I’ve read/reviewed so far (James and Jeffrey) this story get down to the core of the erotic experience right away. There’s no build up, no back story, nothing. I would normally shy away from that. I know it’s erotica and sex is the main plot device of the genre, but it doesn’t really make me want to read the stories. There needs to be something else.

With David even though it wasn’t stated clearly what the relationship between the two characters is, as a reader looking for more, I actually found it. I found it in my questions, not in the text. I was left to think about a possible situation in my own head without it being thrown in my face, forcing me to accept it. This was great because even tough the story is from a female’s first person POV, I was able to throw myself into the story. I was able to become the characters and experience it “first-hand.”

Another thing I’ve enjoyed about Norrgard’s work is her intimacy. There isn’t vulgar language for the sake of being able to say (sorry if you can’t handle these words) cock, pussy, cunt, etc just because erotica allows for it easily. Norrgard presents a sexual situation by using language that’s both creative and non-offensive. There’s no feeling that it’s written like it’s been cut from a mold. “Insert word for penis here. Add another out-of-place reference here.”

The story’s short, but it’s to the point. I wasn’t bored at all and I kept flipping the pages for more. I’m definitely a fan of Amber Jerome-Norrgard. David solidified it for me. ( )
  Robert.Zimmermann | Oct 7, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,803,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible