his elegy to definition (BlankVerseDead…

his elegy to definition (BlankVerseDead folio series)

by Pablo D'Stair

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byRobert.Zimmermann

This is the 5th installment of Pablo D'Stair's BlankVerseDead folio series. I haven't been very fond of the past poems (this excludes #2, by his wife Sarah D'Stair.) I haven't disliked the poetry, as much as, there seems to either much more to the poems than I have been able to decipher or not anything in the poems to get in the first place. Either way there are no rules to poetry saying there has to be anything being said in the first place, and if that's the case I applaud Pablo for taking that initiative and making people frustrated to get some meaning from the words.
While past poems don't have much affect over my reading of this poem, mainly due to my attempt not to let them influence this poem, I can't help but notice a difference in this one. While it follows the same inclusion of many abstracts as the past installments, there are a good amount more concrete images to ground the reader in some understanding of what's being said. This is what appeals to me in poetry in general; concrete images. I'm not one to get many abstract lines unless someone lets me have a hint as to where to go with it.
I don't feel like going too much in depth into the poetry here. I do suggest that any poetry lover look into Pablo's work. If not to get some poetry for yourself, than just to bring out something that I may have overlooked (haha, I don't normally "haha" in a review, but it felt right.)

I would like to leave this off with my favorite line, which is found in the first lines of section II:
"the part of you I love the most's the last
letter of your name"

It's just simple, may have more meaning that I put on it, but touches me on a personal note that I don't need to get into in a review for a poem that's not mine. I do look forward to continued reading of D'Stair's work no matter how much I get out of it or don't get. ( )
  Robert.Zimmermann | Oct 7, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,389,611 books! | Top bar: Always visible