The World We Made: Alex McKay's Story from…

The World We Made: Alex McKay's Story from 2050

by Jonathon Porritt

231459,532 (4)None

My verdict: Interesting. It is a fictive non-fiction book. A history teacher, moving on to a new job and doing a last project with his class: Writing down the history of the last 50 years and how the world has changed. The twist: He does this project being 50 years old in the year 2050.

I am sure if you take this book apart and look at the technical details and figures and things you will find many things which might not make sense. Which might not be possible like this. But the book really reads like a non-fiction book about the last 50 years history. It is a perfect write. No literature highlight.

I like this book because it is a positive book. It describes a world where a lot - not all - of our problems of today have been fixed. I would love to live in the world described in this book. Will we ever? I don't know. The main roadblock I see is in the human mentality. A lot of solutions described in this book rely on us humans waking up, putting our drive for profit aside and fixing stuff. Will this ever going to happen?

I gave it 4 stars just simply for a book well written and a book which makes hope. ( )
  PeterNZ | May 11, 2015 |

The World We Made describes a planet that is green, fair, connected, and collaborative. Based on extensive research, leading environmentalist Jonathon Porritt reveals how we can achieve a genuinely sustainable world by 2050 if we act immediately. Part history, part narrative, The World We Made describes the key events, technological breakthroughs, and lifestyle revolutions that could transform our planet, covering topics as wide-ranging as 3D printing, personal genomics, urban agriculture, and the digital landscape. The book's innovative ideas are brought to life with futuristic photographs, infographics, and hand-drawn sketches, while an extensive index provides the tools and tips needed to prepare for what's ahead.

The World We Made is essential reading for anyone interested in preserving our planet. All royalties will support the work of Forum for the Future, one of the world's leading sustainable development non-profits.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:18 -0400)

Our planet's future is too often described in terms of doom and despair. However, there is another perspective that is not only positive, but credible, too. The book describes a planet that is green, fair, connected, and collaborative. Based on extensive research, leading environmentalist Jonathon Porritt reveals how we can achieve a genuinely sustainable world by 2050 if we act immediately. Part history, part narrative, the book describes the key events, technological breakthroughs, and lifestyle revolutions that could transform our planet, covering topics as wide-ranging as 3D printing, personal genomics, urban agriculture, and the digital landscape. The book's innovative ideas are brought to life with futuristic photographs, infographics, and hand-drawn sketches, while an extensive index provides the tools and tips needed to prepare for what's ahead.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,431,346 books! | Top bar: Always visible