Egghead: Or, You Can't Survive on Ideas…

Egghead: Or, You Can't Survive on Ideas Alone

by Bo Burnham

I think this is what you get when you cross Jack Handy with Shel Silverstien and George Carlin. Ironic, goofy, crass and inappropriate. Often funny. ( )
  Jamichuk | May 22, 2017 |
I originally bought this for my fiance, who has been a big Bo Burnham fan since his early years on YouTube. I wasnt sure what to expect from the book, but really enjoyed flipping through it. I think to get an idea of whether you'd like this book, you really should look Bo up online and listen to some of his music and comedy; some people find him funny and some dont. I happen to be someone that does.

Egghead is a witty little book full of witty little poems. At times it seems a little (or a lot) pretentious, and some of them were lost on me at times, but overall its definitely a fun read. A good one to have by the toilet or something so you can just flick through, read a silly poem and then carry on with your day. Four stars ( )
  chimocho | Jul 7, 2015 |
Like a modern-day, perverted and foul-mouthed Silverstein. I really enjoyed Egghead. ( )
  Ellie.Pelto | Jul 7, 2015 |
Stellar!

While Egghead contains a lot of humour I don't generally find appealing, I'm a huge fan of Burnham's, so I gave a lot of credit to some of the works that I would have otherwise found... unsatisfying.

That being said, there were also several very funny, quick witted, and remarkably clever jokes and rhymes riddled throughout the book.

Creative and fun, Bo and his partner, and artist, Chance Bone, excellently create a silly world perfect for bad days, good days and the sort of days you have time for strange satire. IO seriously loved this book if only for the (no matter how much I'll deny it after this) honest to god truths that we just won’t admit to anyone.

Think of it as “Poetry: Or, A Guide To Everything and Nothing and Most Importantly, Everything In Between.” If only because the book does touch on so many corners- whether intended to or not.

The books is beautifully paced, designed, written and presented and I couldn't have asked for anything more out of this book. Heck- I even got a dedication!

Whether you're a "Your Mom" kind of person, a "Fucked Up Thoughts" sort of fellow, or a dick named Donald, Bo Burnham's Egghead: Or, You Can't Survive on Ideas Alone, will leave you in tears, stitches and a desperate need to shower.
If you haven’t watched Bo Burnham perform, I recommend you go a look him up- not only one of the youngest, and most hilarious, upcoming comedians, he’s seriously worth the time- both on screen, stage and page. ( )
  PracticallyPerfect | Dec 16, 2014 |

Presents a collection of quirky poetry and other brainy and absurd prose and illustrations on a wide array of topics from death to passing gas.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,137,142 books! | Top bar: Always visible