Egghead: Or, You Can't Survive on Ideas…

Egghead: Or, You Can't Survive on Ideas Alone

by Bo Burnham

The first half was funnier to me. The last quarter had maybe one that I liked. There were a few rhymes in the beginning that I found hilarious. ( )
  CassandraT | Sep 23, 2018 |
I love Burnham's stand-up routines, but this book is quite a disappointment in comparison. Burnham does a very adult twist on a Shel Silverstein or Edward Gorey children's book by liberally using swear words, sex and gore, a la [b:Now We Are Sick: An Anthology of Nasty Verse|47721|Now We Are Sick An Anthology of Nasty Verse|Neil Gaiman|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1170348388s/47721.jpg|2663]. Several of his odd and/or perverse little poems are quite humorous or can be appreciated for their cleverness, but the cumulative effect of trying to shock the reader page after page leads to a certain numbness by the middle and then a rush to just get to the end.

Also, the art was fine, but many of the illustrations did not make any sense to me for the page on which they appeared.

Perhaps this book would be best read out loud a page or two a day to or with another person? ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
Clever. Sometimes vulgar. No page numbers, so couldn't do a progress bar. ( )
  Daumari | Dec 30, 2017 |
3.5 stars. ( )
  BefuddledPanda | Dec 4, 2017 |
I think this is what you get when you cross Jack Handy with Shel Silverstien and George Carlin. Ironic, goofy, crass and inappropriate. Often funny. ( )
  Jamichuk | May 22, 2017 |

Presents a collection of quirky poetry and other brainy and absurd prose and illustrations on a wide array of topics from death to passing gas.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,819,171 books! | Top bar: Always visible