The Unpleasant Neighbor -- Rafe Velez…

The Unpleasant Neighbor -- Rafe Velez Mystery 2 (Rafe Velez Mysteries)

by AB Stonebridge

222,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byrhonda1111, GabbyHayze

4 STARS

This is a short story. It has interesting characters. I would like to know more about them but for a short story it works.
It is violent but clean. Even the murder is really clean.

Rafe is a private detectives. He won a lottery and bought a house. Has a office in it. I like him, but I don't know if I want to read more short stories featuring him.

He is hired by a wealthy woman to discover if her husband was cheating on her.

I did not care really about the murder victims or murder. I was more interested in Rafe's new dog and girl friend.
I was given this ebook to read and asked in return to give honest review by Netgalley.
Published September 3rd 2013 by A. B. Stonebridge 32 pages ASIN:B00F2HLCMG ( )
  rhonda1111 | Nov 6, 2013 |
I received a copy of this short mystery from Net Galley in exchange for a review, and I'm very happy with my choice. A B Stonebridge has written three short mysteries about the character Rafe Valez. He's a private detective who has had a monetary stroke of luck which enables him to take only the cases he really wants to investigate. In The Unpleasant Neighbor, Sheila Gilbert hires Rafe to find out what her husband, Brad, is up to. Turns out Brad is up to no good, and Sheila intends to divorce him using evidence Rafe collected against him. Sheila and Brad are a very unhappy couple, and when they argue, they do it loudly enough and often enough to attract the attention of their neighbors. When Sheila and Brad's bodies show up hidden in the woods with very little forensic evidence to point to who did them harm, Rafe gets involved in finding the murderer.

This book is the second book in the Rafe Valez series, and it left me wanting more. Not only is Rafe Valez an interesting character operating with a little luck and just this side of shady (how he got his windfall is evidence of that), but all the characters in this book were people we all probably know in some form or another and like to gossip about if dirty laundry is being aired. Stonebridge has a talent for using sarcasm and humor in ways that move the story forward and keep a. reader always wanting more. I would love to see a collection of Rafe Valez stories bundled into one longer book. In the meantime, I'll settle for getting each story as an individual book. Rafe Valez is definitely a character to follow, and I look forward to reading lots more of him. I'd recommend anyone who likes quirky characters and mysteries to do the same.

GabbyHayze | Oct 8, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,054,624 books! | Top bar: Always visible