Cloaked in Fur by T. F. Walsh

Cloaked in Fur

by T. F. Walsh

153647,891 (4)None

Okay, so I have absolutely no bad things to say about this book whatsoever. Nothing. Zip. Nada...You get my point.

From the very first page to the last, this book drew me in. It had me by its wolf claws, and kept a tight grip on me until I flew through the pages like nobody's business. It would not let go until I read every word.

Daciana is a girl with a secret. A secret of paranormal proportions. She is a moonwulf on the verge of her final change into a full wulfkin. However, she only longs for normalcy, humanity, and a happy life with her human boyfriend, Connell. Now, Connell knows nothing about her little secret, and Daci hopes to keep it that way. Until she can find the elixir that could change her completely human, anyway. But that might take a bit longer than expected.

It seems there have been killings around her area. Killings of people she has known, and the police seem to have only one main suspect at the present time...her. This does not bode well for her and Connell's relationship considering he works for the police and she has been disappearing mysteriously for quite a few nights with no word to Connell as to her whereabouts.

Daci knows the identity of the true killer. But she cannot reveal its identity without also revealing what she herself is.

This book was AWESOME! It reminded me of Moonlight (you know, the show with the vampire in it who works with the police?), mainly because of the whole paranormal creature helping out the police with a case thing. There is so much to this book. It is all meat and potatoes, and I love that. There is an excitement to this book. And, since it is also a romance, there is a perfect blend of action and romance. I love when there is a perfect blend.

I could talk about this book all day, but will basically sum the rest of my words up into one sentence. READ THIS FOR YOURSELVES! You will definitely know what I am talking about when you pick up this book and dive right in.
  westkayla1221 | Apr 23, 2014 |
** Review written for an originally posted on my blog, Book Bliss.I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review**

Review: 4.5 stars

General: I loved this take on werewolves. Maybe it was that this isn’t an American author but the book felt like a fresh take on werewolves, despite being very similar to all werewolf novels. The world bulding and attention to detail was wonderfully woven in and I could picture an area of the world I have never read about before or seen even in photos.

This novel was did a great job of weaving the paranormal with the romance and suspense. While I was fairly certain I knew he culprit about 5 chapters before it was revealed I liked that it did keep me on my toes and had wonderful mystery and suspense elements weaved in. I think my favorite element was we were offered a look right into the established lives of the characters.

For me the downfall was it felt like there were things left unexplained and unanswered- don’t want to point them out because some are spoilers. I think they may have been intentionally left that way to create things for the rest of the series.

Characters: Daciana- Daciana was a fun character who was very realistic. She was strong. Strong enough to leave her pack for love. Strong enough to handle the lies and deceit and even an accusation from Connell. But she was also flawed and seemed to realize when she made a mistake, something very real that doesn’t happen often. The females in these novels tend to get romanticized as perfect (aside from some tragedy in their past) more than the males so to have her so “human” was nice.

Connell: Connell is sexy right off the bat between his name and his job lol. But seriously I found him to be well written but felt a little dispassionate. Perhaps some more of his initial time with Daciana would make their relationship more tense. I felt he was a little more married to his work, than to the relationship **they are not married** ( )
  BookBliss2013 | Dec 11, 2013 |
It started off as a three and ended off with a really strong four read. I'm thinking the finished draft is better since I only have the rough readers compilation full of editing notes which pointed out the things that bugged me the most. In the end it wrapped up well. this wasn't an alpha shifter book and it appeasing an alpha female book. Which is why it doesn't get the high marks some have given in. I didn' like Daci till the end. ( )
  AKMamma | Nov 25, 2013 |

T. F. Walsh is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,934 books! | Top bar: Always visible