Itsy Bitsy Christmas: You're Never Too…

Itsy Bitsy Christmas: You're Never Too Little for His Love

by Max Lucado

I was really looking forward to this Max Lucado book for children about Christmas. Mr. Lucado's books are always beautifully done, artistically, and the message is always wonderfully presented by the author.

In Itsy Bitsy Christmas we have two little mice scurrying about Bethlehem because they heard a king was soon to come to Bethlehem and they wanted to see the king. They spoke to a variety of animals and all said no king would come to little tiny Bethlehem. And then they go back to the manger where the animals are and they see a tiny babe and know this is the king they had looked for.

The symbolism is that no matter how little or insignificant you are, the king comes for you. And though this is subtly presented (even says "for me" with an animal speaking), it is there. Jesus is king of all and he is savior of all and he comes for the smallest and most insignificant. This is a truth. It is not a truth that He, the Savior, has come to redeem or be king of the animals. He came to redeem mankind.

I loved the illustrations and they are great for a children's book and the expressions, activities, colors are spot on for the story being told.

What I didn't care for....... this doesn't seem to come up to previous publications by Mr. Lucado and his strong Christian teaching. The story is a bit absurd in places (mice peering inside a donkey's nose?). The story is a bit weak even for the young children for whom it is written. More of Christ's incarnation would have been appropriate and the Biblical importance of Christ's incarnation deserves better than little mice frolicking around Bethlehem.

A cute book, but not a favorite of Chat With Vera.

DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy from the BookLook Blogger Review program to facilitate a review. Opinions are my own. I was not compensated. ( )
  VeraGodley | Sep 2, 2016 |
Itsy & Bitsy hear a king is coming to Bethlehem. They set off to find him only to find the King at home. Cute, inspiring story. ( )
  sar96 | Jan 2, 2014 |
  sar96 | Jan 2, 2014 |
really long ...
  melodyreads | Dec 16, 2013 |

When a donkey tells Itsy and Bitsy, brother and sister mice, that a king is coming to Bethlehem they set out to find him, even though their friends tell them no king would ever come to so small and common a place as Bethlehem.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,123,760 books! | Top bar: Always visible