Conviction: Anthology of the Con (Volume 2)…

Conviction: Anthology of the Con (Volume 2)

by Gothic City Press

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
12 short stories of horror, many with a theme of conventions. Unfortunately this book could have done with some basic editing as the number of typos and spelling mistakes is very off-putting. The stories vary greatly in quality with 'Skin and Bones' by Kyle Yadlosky as a highlight. ( )
  louisetech | Sep 18, 2015 |
Take a story about a preacher who can steal a person's soul, throw in a little bit of the murders in White Chapel, add a rosebush that gives a young boy special powers and just for fun add a ghost that doesn't want to leave his home. This makes it a very interesting book. No two stories are even close to being alike so there is something for everyone. Each story by itself is enjoyable and each has it's own very exciting ending.
This type of book isn't in a genre I would normally read but I enjoyed it very much.
I would definately read this book and suggest it to my friends.
I received this book for free in exchange for this honest review. ( )
  lexiesmom | Apr 8, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a free copy of this anthology in exchange for an honest review.

I love reading short stories. My reason for this is I don't have time to get bogged down with one story line or one or two characters; I get to enjoy a new one after just a few pages! If I don't enjoy a story, I know a new one is coming up soon. I didn't really have that problem with CONVICTION. I won't spoil this review with my favorites because you'll be sure to have your own after reading it, but the stories were written well and with a mix of genius and style.

Overall, it was an enjoyable read and I highly recommend it. ( )
  Valenchia | Mar 1, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received an free copy of this anthology in exchange for an honest review. Overall, it was an enjoyable read but some of the stories seemed a bit incomplete. I think the short story format was the problem and longer versions would have been more satisfying. ( )
  labrat35 | Jan 26, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This collection of short stories ranges from demons to ghosts to supernatural blood. A variety of authors contributed.

As with any compilation, there is a mix of talent and style. Some stories take a little longer to digest than others while some are, to a point, formulaic.

For the most part, all the stories have a crisp narrative and a rich compilation of characters is found.

Without giving my favorites away or too much plot, I shall simply say:

Overall, an enjoyable read. ( )
  catya77 | Jan 21, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0985200367, Paperback)

Deep within the bowels of The Con are untold secrets and treasures to be gleaned if you are willing to don costumes appropriate to the genre and arm yourself with the correct accessories. The question remains though, what will it cost you and can you get out alive? Let your curiosity lead you into the next issue of Con(viction) where convention attendees hold all the cards and weave macabre tales of untimely demise. And when the end of life leads to more pressing matters, the dead find ways to speak their mind.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:17 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Gothic City Press's book Conviction: Anthology of the Con - #2 (.pdf or Kindle) was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Gothic City Press

An edition of this book was published by Gothic City Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,413,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible