S.O.S.: Spirit of Survival by Dean Ananias

S.O.S.: Spirit of Survival

by Dean Ananias

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added bysuniru

First hand accounts always add something to a story. This book is a compilation of 5 first hand experiences related to the Costa Concordia cruise ship disaster on Jan. 2012. The format works well based on the scope of the story and the writing.
I liked how the chapters stayed focused. The background info they give tells us that this is a close family that loves cruising. The fact that they have been on many, many cruises lends weight to the story telling.
Since we (those not on the ship) always knew they were close to land, the authors’ perspective, thinking they were in the middle of the sea, is terrifying. It seems there were heroes and villains. I am most struck how badly the cruise line handled everything! ( )
  suniru | Oct 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,422,744 books! | Top bar: Always visible