Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)…

Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)

by Kait Ballenger

Okay, first I feel as if I should warn readers that this book deals with a pretty dark issue, that being the loss of a child and the murders of a couple infants so this book has parts that could be a trigger to certain people. Thankfully, Ms. Ballenger didn't write details concerning the infants, but at times the writing is very gory. So, that being said I can now get on with my thoughts about this book and overall I really liked it. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I would definitely read the first book, Twilight Hunter, since this takes place around a month after it takes place.

I don't even know where to begin with David; he's such a bad-ass demon exorcist, but he's also a closet romantic. He's only loved one woman and lost her due to his career. He's always hoped she come back into his life and they'd be able to rekindle their relationship. Well, he gets her back into his life, but under horrible circumstances. A demon kidnapped and tortured her (in Twilight Hunter) and now he needs to protect her while trying to protect his own heart. There were times that he tore me up with the way he feels for her and his struggle to figure out what went wrong and if he could fix it while he's also dealing with a sadistic serial killing demon.

Allsun is dealing with emotional and physical pain herself and has mixed up feelings where David is concerned. She was in love with him and they were planning their wedding when she left him for reasons that I won't tell you (I really don't want to spoil it for you). After the demon attack she figures out that she needs things that only David can provide. She grudgingly takes his help knowing that she'll have to work at guarding her heart from him once again.

This book had plenty of action in the form of demon hunting and killing, a ton of passion between our H/h, and enough emotional turmoil to need a few tissues. It was a great follow up to the first book and I'm looking forward to the next one. I'm really hoping it will be Shane's turn for a little drama laced romance. There is just something about him that intrigues me. We also got to see a bit more of Damon and he wasn't quite the dick he was in TH. Maybe because he wasn't dealing with Jace. I recommend this series to anyone who likes their paranormal romances to be a bit darker. ( )
  amdrane2 | Apr 17, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373778392, Mass Market Paperback)

Hunters of the supernatural, the Execution Underground are an elite group tasked with protecting humanity…but at what price?

As an exorcist, David Aronowitz grew up the target of demonic assassins. Now he's a member of the Execution Underground and hellspawn everywhere fear his name. But when a demon slips into the seductive body of the only woman he's ever loved, David must confront the heartbreak of their past to save her.

The piece of her heart Allsún O'Hare gave to David so long ago left her trapped between two worlds: the Fae and the human. And when David comes to her rescue, fate reunites her with her greatest temptation—and her biggest mistake.

Now, as they're swept together into a wicked game with the demon who controls her, David must decide if saving Allsún's life is worth sacrificing his own—and the future of humanity itself.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:12 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,630,003 books! | Top bar: Always visible