The Scandal in Kissing an Heir by Sophie…

The Scandal in Kissing an Heir

by Sophie Barnes

Series: At the Kingsborough Ball (Jan 2014 - Book 2)

Here's another one I wanted to love. Maybe it's because I read this before I read the first book in the series, but I just didn't like it. There were too many instances where the heroine acted and sounded too modern. I'm quite certain that ladies in the Regency period didn't come back with a whatever (or something similar - this is not intended as a direct quote, just the feeling of modernism I got while reading) when they were irked. It just didn't feel true to the period.

I also didn't like the heroine - AT ALL. I couldn't find anything remotely likable about her. She never seemed like she stayed true to character and the things she did were just...wrong-seeming for the way she'd been set up. She wasn't credible at all. I did like Daniel, however. A reformed rake is always my favorite hero. ( )
  emmyson | Oct 9, 2013 |

Barnes, SophieAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Duerden, SusanReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
HarperAudioPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale of all.
Hans Christian Andersen
To my brother and sister with love.
Kingsborough Hall, Moxley, England

Daniel Neville, heir to the Marquisate of Wolvington, removed himself to a corner of the Kingsborough ballroom -- as good a place as any for a man who'd been labeled an outcast by Society.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062245171, Mass Market Paperback)

He is the next Marquess of  Wolvington . . .

She is a lady with nothing but beauty and wits . . .

Together they share a forbidden kiss .

Lady Rebecca is determined to find a husband on her own terms, rather than marry any of the aging suitors her greedy aunt and uncle foist upon her. Her chance comes at the Kingsborough Ball, where she meets several potential grooms . . . yet no one compares to the dangerously handsome Daniel Neville.

Notorious rake and heir to the Marquess of Wolvington, Daniel Neville is in need of a bride, but finding a lady who’s willing to accept his past is an entirely different matter. When he spies a stunning woman across the ballroom, Daniel believes he’s found her . . . until scandal erupts around them. How can he convince Rebecca to take a chance on him . . . and on the love that could be theirs forever after?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:42 -0400)

"He is the next Marquess of Wolvington-- She is a lady with nothing but beauty and wits-- Together they share a forbidden kiss. Lady Rebecca is determined to find a husband on her own terms, rather than marry any of the aging suitors her greedy aunt and uncle foist upon her. Her chance comes at the Kingsborough Ball, where she meets several potential grooms-- yet no one compares to the dangerously handsome Daniel Neville. Notorious rake and heir to the Marquess of Wolvington, Daniel Neville is in need of a bride, but finding a lady who's willing to accept his past is an entirely different matter. When he spies a stunning woman across the ballroom, Daniel believes he's found her-- until scandal erupts around them. How can he convince Rebecca to take a chance on him-- and on the love that could be theirs forever after?" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,992,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible