Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan

i loved this book so much a great way to end the series. ( )
  cupcakeclark | Jun 21, 2017 |
I enjoyed this because of the way it explores family and friendship. The character's interactions - amongst the team of good guys - are both poignant and laugh-out-loud funny.

But the whole community is, from the start, in a situation which CANNOT go on. There's torture and human sacrifice involved. There's no point where you-the-reader think (putting yourself into the shoes of the characters) if nothing goes wrong, we could carry on like this, we'd be okay, no then we got to Rivendell and thought we could go home moment, although there's almost one before everything goes up in flames.
It's not as gruesome and graphic as it could be - in fact, I think it's quite understated and that's horrifying enough.

It's just not quite... my kind of Gothic fantasy. I think I'd prefer to read about these characters if they were all stuck on a desert island together... ( )
  Herenya | Mar 29, 2016 |
The Lynburns ruled the town of Sorry-in-the-Vale for generations, and now they're back and demanding blood sacrifices. One of the Lynburns is a boy Kami always knew, but never knew was real: their minds have been linked since they were born, and they know each other as well as they know themselves. (The imaginative way Brennan presents the weirdness and challenges this entails make this the best published take on soulmates or telepathy that I've read yet.) Together, Kami and her friends create alliances against Rob Lynburn who is bent on controlling the entire town.

The magic in this book is very exciting, and there are a number of moments that made me want to pump my fist in the air. The flipside of these exciting magical battles is the examination of grief and death that runs through this whole book. The undercurrent of what it means to be in love, what it means to know someone else and treasure them, builds to reveal an unexpected but much-appreciated climax in this final book in the Unspoken trilogy. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
In a village in England there lives a community, there's also a big house with a family who have been the ancestral power in this town, the Lynburns. What is different about Sorry-in-the-Vale is that this family are magicians and that the village powers them, sometimes with their blood. The family went away for a while but now they're back and they have plans, plans that will cost people dearly.

Oh man, this was a great end to the series. Satisfying and well done I enjoyed it hugely. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jul 28, 2015 |
Third book in the Lynburn Legacy series: Everything is going very badly for Kami, Jared, Ash, and the others in Kami’s friends and family; the evil sorceror controls most of the town and only the fact that he’s Jared’s father holds him back from doing even worse. As usual, there’s plenty of Buffy-sharp banter during tense situations—Kami lampshades it as her method of coping—and missed connections with somebody longing for someone else (but thankfully not allowing it to interfere with the business of saving the town). Ultimately I think I liked the Demon’s Lexicon books better, but this was certainly an engaging read. ( )
  rivkat | Jan 14, 2015 |

"Kami Glass and friends battle sorcerers in order to save the sleepy town of Sorry-in-the-Vale while Kami struggles with her own emotions, caught between Ash, the boy who loves her, and Jared, the boy she loves"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,753,442 books! | Top bar: Always visible