Amanda Weds a Good Man: One Big Happy…

Amanda Weds a Good Man: One Big Happy Family, Book One

by Naomi King

193537,190 (3.93)None

Another Cedar Creek related story. I enjoyed it but it ended very abruptly. The next book picks up immediately where this one ends, but you don't know that at the time. ( )
  wearylibrarian | Dec 14, 2014 |
“Amanda Weds a Good Man" by Naomi King, and published by Penguin was a very fast novel to read.

The story is about a widow with three children who marries a widower with five children and the problems and promises that come with that merger of families. It is to be expected that certain family procedures for each family might have problems combining into a workable arrangement. Sometimes husbands are not as cognizant about hurtful words or actions and so this novel takes the reader through the adjustment period. I really enjoyed the book and would highly recommend it to readers who enjoy Amish stories.

I was sent a free print copy of this book by Night Owl Reviews in return for my honest assessment of the book.

You can find this review on my blog at http://wp.me/p2pjIt-99. ( )
  SilverShrew | Feb 20, 2014 |
Ok, this is a new series, and I love it, but it is also a return to Home At Cedar Creek. Now you don't have to read the other books to enjoy this one, but oh how you will want to.
Enjoy the tenacity of Amanda, in the Amish Patriarch Society! Also the warm heart of Wyman, although it took a disaster to wake him up!
Amanda's beloved husband Atlee has passed away. She has three daughters and her Mother-In-Law to take care of, and has a hard time making ends meet. When the story opens she is setting the date for her marriage to Wyman, a widower with five children, three boys and two girls. The oldest girl, Vera, has had the responsibility of taking over for deceased Mom.
We follow this family as they try to blend the family, and Amanda moving into Wyman's home. Know I would find it difficult to live with my husband's former wife's imprint everywhere. We also meet the new Bishop and his wife, and hope he would leave, but find the love that comes for this family from Cedar Creek.
I can't wait for the next book in this series, such great and moving read!!

I received this book through Pump Your Book Virtual Book Tours, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Dec 5, 2013 |

The Amish community of Cedar Creek is celebrating a wedding! When Amanda Lambright, widowed with three daughters, marries Wyman Brubaker, a widower with five children, she envisions joining their two households into one big happy family. But it isn’t quite that easy....

Amanda Lambright loves Wyman Brubaker, and after four years as a single mother, she is grateful for his support and for this new chance at happiness as his wife. She’s confident that their children will get along just fine. But once Amanda’s clan moves into Wyman’s home, the tight quarters and Wyman’s reluctance to make changes to accommodate Amanda cause friction. The older kids are squabbling. The little ones are frequently in tears. Tiny Alice Ann isn’t speaking at all. Amanda and Wyman can’t find any privacy. And Amanda wonders if she’ll ever have a chance to pursue the pottery making that means so much to her.

Amanda believes that family lies at the center of any well-lived Amish life. Can she find the wisdom to guide the reluctant members of her new extended family toward the love that will bind them together?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:18 -0400)

"Amanda Lambright loves Wyman Brubaker, and after four years as a single mother, she is grateful for his support and for this new chance at happiness as his wife. She's confident that their children will get along just fine. But once Amanda's clan moves into Wyman's home, the tight quarters and Wyman's reluctance to make changes to accommodate Amanda cause friction. The older kids are squabbling. The little ones are frequently in tears. Tiny Alice Ann isn't speaking at all. Amanda and Wyman can't find any privacy. And Amanda wonders if she'll ever have a chance to pursue the pottery making that means so much to her. Amanda believes that family lies at the center of any well-lived Amish life. Can she find the wisdom to guide the reluctant members of her new extended family toward the love that will bind them together?"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,398,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible