No One Can Know by Adrienne LaCava

No One Can Know

by Adrienne LaCava

206515,329 (3.57)None

Set in the background of the Kennedy assassination, this book evokes a subplot of conspiracy even possibly involving the CIA. There are several interesting things happening and the intrigue and sense of danger kept me turning pages. I would have woven in more about the storyline involving the risks to agents and others who were in Dallas at the time and the alleged coverup. I also would have included more references and technologies to describe the sixties and the Cold War period. Overall it was a good read especially for people who remember the assassination.

I got my copy free from librarything.com. ( )
  jwood652 | Oct 21, 2015 |

I got my copy free from librarything.com. ( )
  jwood652 | Oct 21, 2015 |
Author Adrienne LaCava has written a truly engrossing thriller. I had never heard of her before winning this book, No One Can Know, in a LibraryThing Member Giveaway, but I find LaCava's craft to be flawless -- just like that of any much beloved, bestselling author with a great many novels in the same genre to her name. It is strange to me how obscure her efforts have been to date; as I write, I'm learning that this book received a very positive review from Kirkus -- no mean feat, right?

I encourage readers to give this work a try if the plot appeals; LaCava is a storyteller who will not fail to steadily engage your imagination. I confidently recommend this novel to a broad audience. ( )
  kara.shamy | Sep 28, 2014 |
There are many things about the 60's that I am glad are gone, but not all of them have left. Some things cast long shadows, like the Kennedy assassination. While not the focus of this book, it does inform many of the actions we get to follow. This book serves as a reminder of a time not so long ago, when everything was different. ( )
  susanbeamon | Jan 5, 2014 |
This novel had such potential however, it falls completely flat at the end.

There are several stories occurring simultaneously in No One Can Know, with the JFK assassination being the primary story line, or at least I think it is. I'm not sure but since it's his face on the cover I imagine I am correct in my assumption.

The story is as follows: ex-CIA guy, Haines, in Dallas when JFK gets shot -- goes to work for his best buddy, Tucker, on his ranch where he meets best buddy's mistress, Carla -- Carla also good friends with Vincent who is Tucker's brother -- Carla is Vincent's daughter's,godmother who also happens to be at Tucker's ranch. Now throw in Tucker's wife and teenage daughter into the mix. Consequently none of the characters are developed to their full potential (although I really did like Ivy Jean).

There were some believable elements here and Ms. LaCava had a good concept in the conspiracy portion of her story. This all gets neutralized with an ending that comes off hurried and lacking in creativity. ( )
  NancyNo5 | Nov 22, 2013 |

I got my copy free from librarything.com.

Adrienne LaCava is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,410,521 books! | Top bar: Always visible