I Wonder by Annaka Harris

I Wonder

by Annaka Harris

The author mentions in the book we live in a world where"i don't know' seems to be the wrong answer.And it's not that is why we are curious people,no one knows everything.And this book shows the wonder of knot knowing.
  EmilyMurray | Mar 16, 2016 |
It is a good book for children, they learn how to truly express their feeling, in this book Eva wondering too many things around in the nature and environment she lives in, she ask many great question to her mother and mother tells her if she know the answer and she tells her that is okay if we say "I don't know". this encourage children to explore, ask question, say I don't know if they don't know something.

Children ages 4-8
sources: Pierce College Library
  Zabdulla-mahmood | Mar 7, 2016 |
This was a wonderful book and I loved reading it. The first reason why I liked this book was because of the beautiful, realistic illustrations that go over the gutter. Each of the illustrations was very detailed and contained much color. The second reason why I liked the book was because it teaches readers about vocabulary, such as cycles, mystery, and gravity is included in the story. For example, gravity is an invisible force that pulls all the things in the universe together. The third reason why I liked the book was because of the plot. A Mother and Daughter spend the day together, and the daughter asks her Mother various questions that she is wondering about the world. For example, why does the moon really stay close to us? I absolutely loved the plot because it teaches readers that there are many mysteries in the world and that it is ok to not have the answers to them. It is ok to say I do not know. The main message of the book was life is full of mysteries. Every mystery is something for all of us to wonder about together. ( )
  Germuth | Nov 11, 2014 |
I am completely in love with this book and the message that the author wants the reader to take away from it. The central message of this book is that it is okay to say, “I don’t know.” When you do not know something, it allows you to wonder and use your mind in a creative way. The colors that the illustrator uses are enchanting, and draw your attention to all of the details in the pictures. After the colors on the book cover caught my eye, the texture made me want to read it even more—the cover has a unique softness. I really enjoyed how much the characters looked liked actual people, but in such a fantasy environment. I also liked that the mother made her feel okay with not knowing the answer to all of her questions, “I know what you mean, her mother agrees, “and I’m sure other people feel that way too.” I also really like that all of the questions that are in the book are questions that have a million answers to them. This is showing the reader that coming up with your own theory or logic is okay, “I like trying to imagine what was here before the beginning of everything. What do you think was here?” She thinks about it for a long time, and then she has an idea! “I wonder if there were feelings…” The author really opens up the readers mind and shows them that it is okay not to know the answers all the time. ( )
  kjacks26 | May 9, 2014 |
There are several reasons I like the book “I Wonder.” Eva and her mama are taking a walk one evening, when Eva begins asking questions about everything. Mama is comfortable saying there are still parts of life that are a mystery, and that people do not know everything. This book also teaches children some facts about gravity, Earth, and life cycles. “I Wonder” pushes readers to broaden their perspectives of life, and understand that it is okay for people to not have all of the answers. I absolutely loved the illustrations. The illustrations kept me engaged and interested in the text. They definitely enhance the story and fit the style of the written text. If you were to read this book to a child, they would be mesmerized by the images. The writing is descriptive, interesting, and clear. For example, “How fun! Eva imagines herself wondering about gravity together, with all of the people in the world.” The big idea of this story is to inform children that adults do not have the answers to everything, and it is okay to say I don’t know. There are still mysteries left in this world, and children should wonder about life! ( )
  esiera1 | May 9, 2014 |

Eva takes a walk with her mother and encounters a range of mysteries: from gravity, to life cycles, to the vastness of the universe. She learns that it's okay to say "I don't know", and she discovers that there are some things even adults don't know mysteries for everyone to wonder about together!… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,142,615 books! | Top bar: Always visible