Innocent in Las Vegas by A.R. Winters

Innocent in Las Vegas

by A.R. Winters

I was ready to give this a better rating, until the author did something unforgivably stupid. WHO with any sense goes on her own to confront a murderer with their murder, without weaponry or any effective knowledge of self-defense??? Even though Tiffany did tell 1 person where she was going, it didn't help- though if she'd not done that, it would have been even more stupid.

That being said, this was a light and entertaining read. The secondary characters had a lot of life and personality to them. The cupcakes are pretty much a gimmick. The mystery was solid- lots of potential, and more complicated than it could have been. ( )
  cissa | Jan 21, 2017 |
I enjoyed this lighthearted tale of ambition. A quick read with a solid plot and distinctive characters. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 20, 2016 |
This book reminded me a lot of Evanovich books, and I enjoyed it a lot.
The similarity to the Stephanie Plume character didn't bother me. I greatly enjoy that type of story, and this one was a very nice surprise. I was much better than I had hoped.
I like the LV casino setting, the book is well written, the story is excellent. ( )

A Laugh-Out-Loud Cupcakes and Crime Caper

“I tell myself every day that I don’t hate my job… But there‘s a reason I’m trying to leave the madness of the casino pit to become a Private Investigator.”

Cupcake-loving croupier Tiffany Black is determined to leave her job at the casino for good. She’s one small step away from acquiring her Private Investigator license, and has her eye on the prize.

Accepting her first real case – investigating the murder of casino-mogul Ethan Becker – should be exciting. Instead, things spiral out of control and Tiffany finds herself in over her head, as she confronts secretive suspects, corrupt casino henchmen and her mysterious, ex-Special Forces bodyguard.

Tiffany’s poker-hustling Nanna and pushy parents want her to find a nice man and settle down, but Tiffany just wants to track down the real murderer before he finds her first…

amazon.com

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,020,442 books! | Top bar: Always visible