It's All In Your Head (Kindle Single)…

It's All In Your Head (Kindle Single)

by Eva Hagberg

811,035,133 (3.75)None
2014 (1) audio (1) August (1) ebook (1) fiction (1) non-fiction (1) on-kindle (1) read (2) returned (1)

The only place that everything — the terror, the loneliness, the pain, and the love — can exist is in my head.
Eva Hagberg shares her story of dealing with an illness that left her constantly dizzy for close to 5 years. Trying treatment after treatment including anti-anxiety medications after being told that her dizziness was a result of post-graduate studies and stress, Hagberg learns to live with being dizzy. For years she is told that her illness is all in her head, that it is stress-induced, and that it will all just go away, but her bloodwork shows abnormal levels of a tumor marker and then an MRI reveals a mass.

A quick Kindle single to fit into your day, Hagberg’s story has readers wondering, “What if that happened to me?”

This story was a bit of a flop for me for 1 main reason: the never-ending sentences.

The story of recovering from a drug addiction and alcoholism was interesting. It was strange that for years doctors dismissed her symptoms as being related to stress. I was mad for her that she was mistreated, in a way, & I was truly engaged in her personal story. I could not, however, get through the exceedingly long sentences without cringing. Some of the “sentences” took up a half a page on my Kindle when I was reading.

Commas galore, but no periods to be found. For me, it was too distracting. I felt like I was reading the thoughts of someone that was manic.

For more of my thoughts on It's All in Your Head visit my blog Under Literary Construction ( )
  CJ82487 | Mar 20, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,378,868 books! | Top bar: Always visible