The Tragedy of Woman by Ray Dacolias

The Tragedy of Woman

by Ray Dacolias

What a delightfully long and enjoyable book. It's the first book I've read by Mr. Ray Dacolias, and after reading The Tragedy of Woman, I plan on getting his other books. Oscine is a valiant and strong woman who has survived many tragedies that no woman should ever have to endure or go through. It was like reading a nightmare at some points, and what made it worth reading, was how she handled and overcame the nightmares in her life.

As a survivor of my own nightmares, it was an interesting read, that kept me hooked from the very beginning, all the way to the very end. The author takes the reader on a rough journey of emotions and I found that each emotion I went through added to my love of the book. You can't help but feeling each emotion invoked by Mr. Ray Dacolias in his writing.

I found it refreshing to read about her difficulties and joys in a new marriage, and new baby. Not many authors write about the reality of what happens behind door with a newly wed couple and/or a new mother. Mr. Ray Dacolias does a great job at painting a picture of the life Oscine has lived, and I know many other people can empathize with her story since the reality of what she went through is all to real in the real world.

Most people who have gone through a rough childhood, end up leading a rough adult life, and it wasn't surprising to see that her life was full of complications. I really enjoyed the realness of this book and how close to the truth of many women lives it represented. I give this book a 5/5 and recommend it to anyone who has overcome obstacles and had a difficult or less than ideal life. ( )
  lizasarusrex | Nov 9, 2014 |
Review comes from my book blog

My Thoughts:

I put this book off for the longest time before I finally decided to see what I had got. This book absolutely blew my minds at some points; I literally slowed down my pace to make sure I got every single word. It has been too long since a book gave me so many emotions at once. I adored, cried, sympathized and cared for Oscine. She went through a lot during her life and deserved the very best. Sadly, that is not what she got often until Abraham came in. Now their love was not insta-love --- at least that's how I see it. The relationship was a slow, practically perfect build up of love.

My only problem with Oscine: she just couldn't seem to understand that Heath was not worthy. She just "had to work things out and do better for her husband". Those were 'bleh' moments for me. In fact, it appeared as if she was convinced of her so called place (her husband was a complete sexist butt). I know Obscine was a character whom was lovely, caring and everything good but she irritated me when she tried to reason or play off Heath's actions/words. And Abraham was patiently waiting but he wasn't a good guy throughout the whole novel, though.

He did more then irritate me, Abraham ticked me off. Obscine was left in a lonely state mainly because of him at times. If he truly cared for her then he would have ignored his bundle emotions (when he and his friend finally found her...yeah read the book o.o) and not make the biggest mistake of all! Obscine, had she been coherent, never would have approved of what Abraham did. Anybody would know this because she loved her kids deeply.

Abraham, at times, of course, and repetition of sorts were my main irritants. Oh! Can't forget the big shocker in the book two section , that I didn't see coming, which lead to the saddest shocker I also didn't see.

The title doesn't kid; tragedies are woven everywhere. Definitely not for the light-hearted.

3.5 rating ( )
  ashley-s | Jun 20, 2014 |
I received a free copy of this cook in exchange for a review. However, I abandoned the book early on after realizing that its main theme was Christianity, a topic that I have no interest in reading about. ( )
  rivergen | Dec 29, 2013 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Ray Dacolias's book The Tragedy of Woman was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Ray Dacolias is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,826,547 books! | Top bar: Always visible