Post Mortem, Parish Mail #2 by Kira Snyder

Post Mortem, Parish Mail #2

by Kira Snyder

421,664,912 (4.5)None
Recently added byjljaina, catya77, Rose.Wallin

The adventures and investigations continue for Celia and friends. Who can be trusted? Will anyone be hurt?

While this can be read as a stand alone adventure, as arguably the character/plot development is not needed for this storyline per se, without this background character motivation and development may be a little foreign/lacking.

As with the first tale, there is a minor format of choose your adventure; however, as it is not every chapter/decision, it is not overdone or unpleasant.

A pleasantly detailed narrative leads readers and characters through daily turmoils as well as mysteries linked between present and past.

Characters are compassionate, varied, intriguing, and vivid.

Overall, a fun read. ( )
  catya77 | Aug 9, 2014 |
When the opportunity to read Post Mortem came up, I knew I had to jump on it. I've had this book, and it's predecessor- Dead Letter Office- on my TBR list for quite a while. While this book is a sequel, it's written marvelously, catching new readers up on the necessary details from the past story, while diving quickly into this stimulating thriller.

Like any good mystery book, this story has everything necessary to make a suspenseful adventure. Danger, mystery, hidden clues and unsolved crimes propel this intense page-turner. The added paranormal elements- witches, ghosts and magic- create an even more exciting experience.

The characters that fill this fantastic story are captivating, and all have enough secrets to keep you guessing throughout the book. Each one full of surprises, they all help add even more mystery to the story. Celia is wonderful- brave and honest, yet still struggling with insecurities, she is an easily relatable lead character, and a modern-day Nancy Drew. Tilly, the quirky side-kick, courageous and always ready to help Celia, creates an amazing best friend character. Of course, every awesome heroine, needs a couple of guys to choose from. Donnovan vs. Luc- each charming, dashing and courageous, add a little splash of innocent romance to the chill of this thriller.

One of the best parts of this book, is the fact that it's a “choose what happens next,” or “pick your own ending” kind of story. Throughout the book, you choose what happens next, leading the story to one of several endings. The ability to write a complex book such as this, has always amazed me. Kira Snyder does a fantastic job of not only creating a captivating story, but including her readers in the adventure, making this a book you want to read again and again, trying out different choices. Well written and exciting, Ms. Snyder has very successfully created characters and books that I'm sure will entertain readers for a long time to come.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and plan on reading it many times. I would recommend this book to any mystery, YA, paranormal, or pick-you-own-ending fan.

*I was given an eCopy of this book, from the publisher (Kaamna), to read in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Rose.Wallin | Oct 12, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,636,738 books! | Top bar: Always visible