Christmas Carol by Michele Gorman

Christmas Carol

by Michele Gorman

I received a copy of Christmas Carol in exchange for an honest review.

Carol is attending her sister Marley’s wedding in rural Scotland and ends up having to spend time with three of her ex-boyfriends who have also been invited to her sister’s special day.

This book was so funny, I absolutely loved Carol’s inner dialogue and her quirky family. Her grandmother was a riot and her sister Marley and was one of my favorites with her sentimentality. I could understand Carol's self searching, doubt and sadness, but based on her past experiences I could totally see how Carol ended up with her mindset.

Michele Gorman brought Carol to life and I would recommend this to anyone who could do with some laughs.

karmakath | Sep 8, 2014 |
This was the first book I read by Michele Gorman and I will definitely be reading more. I liked the story and the characters and I really felt like I was snowed in right next to everyone in wintry Scotland! If you're looking for a cozy read, this is it! ( )
  vickilesage | Feb 13, 2014 |
This is a novella rather than a book so it was a quick and easy read. Perfect for curling up by the fire with a cup of tea or hot chocolate. It takes the classic Scrooge tale and turns it inside out and upside down for the modern day single woman. Carol is a very successful woman at work but when it comes to her relationships she has some issues. When she heads out to a remote Scottish manor for her sister's fancy wedding all of her ex boyfriends are in attendance bringing with them the ghosts of her relationships past.

What follows is an engaging tale as Carol tries to sort out why she can't find that perfect love she has been seeking all her life. Her problem lies within her need for perfection but it takes a lot for her to realize that but she is nudged along by her sister's love and her family; a truly interesting group of people. The boyfriends past also help her learn that perhaps perfection is not all it is cracked up to be.

Christmas Carol will make you grouchy and make you smile just like our old friend Scrooge. ( )
  BrokenTeepee | Nov 12, 2013 |
I loved CHRISTMAS CAROL, a novella, by Michele Gorman. The protagonist in this modern version of the classic story is Carol. Carol has gone through three disastrous relationships and blames the guys for the breakups. While at her sister Marley's wedding at a beautiful manor in Scotland, Carol is brought face-to-face with her three ex's. After confronting each, she learns that it actually wasn't because of their flaws that each relationship ended, but rather her perfectionist ways. Though Carol had always believed this personality trait would bring her happiness, but instead it drove those closest to her away. She even found she had a low tolerance for less than perfect family members causing her to be withdrawn from them. As Carol learns from her ex-boyfriends that she was the cause of their failed romances, she discovers that she can be happy, even if it sometimes hurts, by being more open and less exacting. She discovers that she is able to have a loving relationship with her guy and with her family members if she just lets go of being Miss Perfection.
This novella was a quick, fun read. There are ample funny moments throughout the story, and at times I found myself laughing out loud. I certainly would recommend this book not only for the story content, but also because it is a perfect length to read on a trip home during the holidays or to sneak into a busy schedule.
I was provided this novella by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
  Macjam47 | Oct 12, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,230,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible