Halloween Hijinks (Zoe Donovan Mystery, #1)…

Halloween Hijinks (Zoe Donovan Mystery, #1) (2013)

by Kathi Daley

So much more is making sense to me now! It only makes me love these cozies even more. A trio of friends(soon to be a quartet), a beautiful small mountain town (like I have always wanted to live in). Great food, lots of fun, and the occasional corpse. Every place has its occasional drawback, but when you have Zoe and her friends on the job, albeit unofficial ly, even the bumbling sheriff manages to get it right when pointed in the right direction. ( )
  TracyJ914 | Oct 8, 2014 |
This is the first in the Zoe Donovan series.
I love the Halloween setting and Ashton Falls seems like a great place to live.
Before we can get to the mystery, this time it happens to be a murder, we have to get to know the characters and a little background and history about them.

Kathi Daley writes in an inviting manner that makes you feel at home.
You find yourself reading about friends, people you care about and want to spend time with.

To be honest, the murder victim is not well liked, by the townspeople or by the reader.
As you read and collect clues, you'll be rooting for suspects to be found not guilty.

I have read other books in this series and wish I could spend more time in Ashton Falls.
So I will be reading all the books in this series.

I am thankful to the author for providing me with an ecopy in echange for an honest review. ( )
  LaurasReading | Aug 20, 2014 |

Amid a backdrop of zombies on the run and Halloween festivities, animal control officer Zoe Donovan is faced with losing something she loves in order to save someone she loves when she finds a dead body in the basement of a haunted house just two days before Halloween. With the help of her best friends, Levi and Ellie, and her dog Charlie, she delves into a mystery as complex and multilayered as the feelings she develops for her ex-nemesis Zak Zimmerman. Halloween Hijinks is the perfect recipe, combining holiday fun with a touch of humor, a pinch of romance, and a dollop of murder.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,997,505 books! | Top bar: Always visible